PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a nice solid crib skirt?

suzette
08-05-2002, 08:20 PM
I found a bumper that I love at Marshalls and now I'm looking for a solid pale green or yellow crib skirt to match. I'm having the hardest time! I ordered the light green from the Company Store and was surprised to receive something closer to NEON :-(

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

camommy
08-05-2002, 11:58 PM
Did you try Babies r us? They have a line Koala Baby who may or may not have whay you are looking for.
Good luck
Stacey

22tango
08-06-2002, 07:20 AM
PBK has a yellow oxford-striped crib skirt in yellow on Sale for less than $10. I bought it and, though I do like it, I thought the stripes would be more noticeable. Unless I'm standing next to it, it looks almost solid pale yellow...so maybe this might work for you!

(I should say I found and bought it from their online store.)

lmchoi
08-06-2002, 11:29 AM
I had the same problem - I got it from babyruffles.com.

They make crib skirts, bed ruffles, curtains and valences. Very fast service, both on swatches and the order itself. Great quality.

Good luck!

Linda

suzska
08-06-2002, 12:11 PM
I think Lands' End has a yellow (sunlight) crib skirt on clearance right now. It may be flannel (I can't remember right now), so I don't know if that matters. (See my long responses under the "Naked Crib" discussion for links.) Does Martha Stewart (at KMart) or Target have those colors? I never really paid attention since I got my crib skirt as part of the set. There's a pale green sheet on KMart's site, but I don't see any crib skirts.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Rachels
08-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Try www.babybedding.com. They will send free fabric swatches so you can match them to what you already have.

BostonBaby
11-25-2002, 10:18 PM
Pottery Barn Kids has pale green and pale yellow crib skirts in gingham and solid they look nice. Sara

smb
11-26-2002, 01:39 PM
Eddie Bauer has a solid pale yellow crib skirt.

nohomama
11-26-2002, 02:32 PM
I made a crib skirt with a box pleat for less than $10 using a twin size sheet I bought on sale at Linnens 'n' Things and less than a yard of muslin. I made it AFTER Lola was born and it took several hours over the course of two afternoons. I'm certain it would have taken a lot less time if I hadn't had a baby to take care of. I'm also no seamstress and can tell you this is a very easy project for beginning sewers.

APOmom
12-20-2002, 07:48 AM
I want to make a crib skirt, but am not sure where to begin. I have the fabric (which I used for a curtain valance, lampshade cover, and bumper pad.) What measurements did you use? My sewing machine has a "ruffler" which I can probably figure out if I read the direction. Anyone else make their own crib skirt / dust ruffle? I would love suggestions.

Sarah
edd 03/01/03