PDA

View Full Version : mattress pad not fitting snugly

kmty
08-07-2002, 01:42 PM
I put a mattress pad on my mattress yesterday and then put the crib sheet over it. The mattress pad seems to puff up on top and it takes a few iterations to tuck the mattress pad elastic sides more so it fits more snugly. It still is not really snug, and that worries me.

Is it safe to use something like the crib sheet anchor (although it says it is just for crib sheets) with the mattress pad, or is it better to just go without a mattress pad? Should I go with something else instead?

Thanks.

- Kathy
(expecting 9/16/02)

luvbeinmama
08-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Did you try putting the sheet over it and seeing if that helps? You could try the crib sheet anchors on the crib sheet over the mattress pad, if that doesn't help. Also, my mattress pad always seems a little poofy right after I wash them, and then they go right down after my little guy lays on it once. Although, the pad itself seems to be on just fine.

suzska
08-08-2002, 07:20 PM
I just use the mattress pad that sits on top of the mattress--it doesn't go down over the sides. It's flannel on one side and vinyl on the other. Then I put the crib sheet over that.