PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Crib Sheet

Garrettsmom
08-14-2002, 01:48 PM
Am I missing something here? I bought this sheet and it doesn't fit the crib--the snaps don't fit around the corner posts, and the sheet is too small for all the edges to reach the corner posts anyway. At first I just didn't use it, but in desperation now I am using it with the snaps around crib bars on the sides. My son just grabs the edges of the sheet and pulls on it. He also likes to eat the tags that are underneath and easily accessible when he grabs the edges. Seems like a crappy design to me. My crib is very standard and the posts are not particularly big or anything. (Ragazzi) Is this the usual experience?

egoldber
08-14-2002, 04:26 PM
I just put the straps around the slats on the sides. I don't think they are supposed to go around the posts. It fits just fine on my crib. Sarah played with the tags a few times, but has stopped playing with them. You could always cut the tags off. But its usefulness may depend on your child. I have loved mine.

MonsterMom2
08-30-2002, 07:21 AM
I used this product with my ds until he started moving around in the crib. The elastic straps go around the crib slats, not the corners. I loved the sheet as it was so easy to change the bed when the bumper was attached. A problem with the design is that there are no straps on the ends. My ds was starting to crawl under the sheet, so I quit using it. I would recommend it for anyone with a messy, non-mobile baby. I am currently using it for my newborn quads.

dd_ani
08-30-2002, 08:20 PM
There is an "improved" version out that has straps for the ends as well as the sides. It stays well and all the straps are better positioned for my crib than the original. I really like the newer ones, but in my opinion the old ones are worthless and unsafe.

Michelle

cmcostain
08-30-2002, 09:11 PM
Heard someone else talking about this sheet. Where do you find it? Who makes it? Specifically, the new and improved one that has straps to go at the ends.

thanks
Christina

dd_ani
09-05-2002, 06:33 PM
We got both the original and the improved at babies r us. I don't remember if there was anything on the packaging denoting the "new and improved" version with the straps.

Hope this helps.

Michelle

atlmom
09-06-2002, 10:13 AM
There's not. We ended up with one of each! I have to say, that I have not found this as useful as many folks. I have a foam mattress so it's really lightweight. Frankly, it's as easy for me to change the fitted sheet as it is to fool with all of those snaps. But that's just my experience.

colinml
11-13-2002, 05:26 PM
We bought four of these when Zachary was born (almost $100). Going around resnapping in the middle of the night isn't any less likely to wake him than putting on a regular sheet, and, after about five washes, one of the snap straps came off of one of the sheets. I found it in the washing machine.

I'm glad it didn't come off in the middle of the night, in Zachary's hand, because I guarantee it would have gone directly into his mouth. And this is absolutely a choking hazard.

I don't think I'll continue using the other ones, and I suppose a not to the manufacturer is in order.

Colin

colinml
11-21-2002, 12:09 PM
Just wanted to follow up. I wrote to the company (not a hyterical diatribe, just a short, plainly stated note of concern). That was a week ago yesterday and they haven't bothered to reply.
Colin