PDA

View Full Version : How Many Crib Sheets?

kclm
09-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Hi,

How many crib sheets does one actually need? I've purchased four, but am now considering returning one or two of them, since I'm thinking perhaps I only need two--one for use and one in the laundry. Any advice?

Thanks!

KimberleyDawn
09-23-2002, 01:24 PM
I would keep what you have and just hope that you don't need to use them all in one day because if you do that means there was trouble (poop, pee, spit-up or all the above:'() at your house :)!
Kim

ct
09-23-2002, 01:47 PM
I'd keep at least 3. That is the most I've used in one week (I only do laundry once a week) and DD is now 2yo and no longer in the crib. Best of luck to you...

ct

twins r fun
09-23-2002, 03:53 PM
I would say you probably only need 2. I bought 6 total (3 per crib for my twins), but 2 are still unopened 1 year later.

Nicole

Momof3Labs
09-23-2002, 04:04 PM
I don't know the answer to this yet, but I see two variables affecting how many you need:

How messy your baby is (spit-up, diaper blow-outs and leaks, etc)

and

How often you will do laundry (yeah, we'll all be doing laundry at least once per day, but if you have a messy baby and only two crib sheets, you will probably be washing that extra crib sheet by itself some of the time because you've already done the load for the day, etc.)

So, some people will get by with two crib sheets and some will be happier with 3 (or even 4).

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

luvbeinmama
09-23-2002, 05:13 PM
I use 2, and that has worked fine for me. I have 3 big crib pads which I used when DS was little and spitting up/drooling all the time. Now I just toss the dirty one in the wash each week and put the clean one on. I bought 2 more for the new baby, since DS is using his on the toddler bed now (a gift). I guess it all depends on how messy your baby is in the crib, and how you deal with the messes. You might want to hold off returning the extra crib sheets (if you can) until you establish a routine with your baby. Of course, if you need to return them soon in order to be able to do so at all (like if the store has a 90-day return policy), you can return them and buy more if and when you need to. HTH.

egoldber
09-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Are you also using a waterproof mattress cover on top of the crib sheet (something like the Ultimate Crib Sheet)? I have been using the UCS and could have gotten by very easily with only 1 crib sheet, although I would never DARE only have 1, LOL. :) If you're not using a cover, then I would say keep all 4 until you have your baby, but don't open all the packages. If your baby is a real spitter or has reflux, I can see where 4 might be really handy! Other wise 2 or 3 is probably fine.

HTH.

lesliepear
09-25-2002, 12:57 PM
I bought a total of 3: one that came with the bedding set and 2 additional white ones. We have to pay for our laundry in the condo we live in, and I don't want to end up paying for a wash to wash a handful of items.