PDA

View Full Version : custom crib bedding (with my own fabric)

dueinfeb
10-02-2002, 03:17 AM
hi. does anyone know of a place that makes custom crib bedding where i can supply the fabric? i've found a few places but am trying to find better prices. new york area would be a plus.

thanks,
missy

mama2be
10-02-2002, 08:50 AM
Missy,

If you go to a Joanne's fabrics or some fabric store they will have a list of folks who do work "for hire". I bet that would save you money over hring a speciality shop that just does baby rooms. I am assuming here, but would think. Alot of times these cards are from grandma's etc...that love to sew.

I picked the gal to make my wedding dress this way, I designed it and she made it and she truely became my "fairy god mother"...now 3 years later she is coming down to Raleigh (from DC area) for a week to do my baby room :) :) :)I have designed what I want to do in my nursery so very off the beaten track without a pattern.

I hope that helps...

cmcostain
10-02-2002, 11:15 PM
When I received a catalog from the Company Store Kids, they included a letter that said if you didn't see something you liked, they'll custom make it for you and you can supply the fabric.
Might be something to look into. I ordered a crib skirt from them and received it within a week and am happy with the product.

Hope that helps,
Christina