PDA

View Full Version : Crib and Changing Table Questions

lesliepear
10-06-2002, 09:24 AM
I purchased a crib and chest with changing table top from Ikea. They were finally assembled last night.

I have 2 questions:

1) The bumper pads for the bedding I got appear to have been designed for a bed that doesn't have a solid headboard. I have tied them as tighly as I can, but have to tie them to the top rail in the corners. Will this be a problem, or will I just end up removing it when the baby gets bigger?

2) I didn't care for the inflatable changing pad Ikea sold, so I got a "standard" 16 x 32 pad at Babies R US. The pad is too long to fit across the width of the table and sticks out if I put it the long way. I think the table is abou 28" across - are there smaller pads out there, or do I have to get the one from Ikea? Any ideas?

JMarie
10-06-2002, 10:16 AM
There was a post in Nursery Necessities about custom-made changing pads - I've attached the link. We bought a changing table at Sam's Club that has about a 17.5" x 28" area, and we plan to order a custom-made changing table pad from this company as well. The one that came with the table is just pathetic - it's foam, about an inch thick and really flimsy. I haven't placed the order yet since we haven't finished putting the table together and I want to verify the exact measurements, but the previous poster seemed very impressed with her order. Good luck!

JMarie
EDD 2/28/03

[http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID1/392.html]

Karenn
10-06-2002, 11:27 PM
We bought the same changing table, and had the same problem finding a pad that would fit. ( I didn't like the IKEA pad either.) I bought one of the changing table pads from Babies R Us that was foam, had a removable cover, and folded in two. I took the cover off, and used a bread knife to trim the extra three inches or so off of the foam, and then replaced the cover. This pad isn't quite as convenient as the vinyl pads that can easily wipe clean, but I used lap pads over the terry cloth cover that comes with the pad so that I didn't have to wash it quite as often. I think the one we bought was called "E-Z Changing Pad" by Basic Comfort.
Hope that helps.

Karen