PDA

View Full Version : safe and sound system

kasi
10-30-2002, 02:03 PM
Hi!

Does anyone have any experience with the safe and sound bedding system? They tell you that's it's safer than any other system. They design their bumpers and their sheets differently supposedly. I was wondering if they really are better and how the quality is.

Thanks,
Kasi

etwahl
10-30-2002, 02:38 PM
I think you are referring to the Cotton Tale's Safe & Sound line. We were also considering it as we were looking for the safest bedding while still getting the design we liked. It looks to be a great system, but I don't think you could use the universal crib sheet on it, because the bumpers go down the side of the mattress, and you have to attach the universal crib sheet to the rails.

In the end, we ordered a Wendy Bellissimo set (her most inexpensive set, and we got a good deal!) Mostly because we liked the design and quality of the fabrics better, and we know that it's very safe as well.

Bottom line, we only looked at the bedding we thought was really safe and of high quality (Cotton Tale's Safe & Sound being one of the three we were considering) and then just picked the design we liked best. While I think the Safe & Sound line is great and very safe, I don't necessarily think it will be any safer than some of the other good lines of bedding (e.g. bumpers fit snugly against crib, top/bottom ties with appropriate length, etc.)

They also have a sleep sack, similar to the one by Halo, which also looks great. I definitely plan to get some of those!

Hope that helps!