PDA

View Full Version : Help w/PBK crib bedding

Pauliegirl
11-05-2002, 11:22 AM
Yesterday I received their catalog in the mail and we fell in love w/one of the patterns - firetrucks. Now I know PBK does not manufacture their bedding but instead is a middleman.

Does anyone know how I can find out who manufacturered this set?

Our shower invitations went out last week and I need to finalize my registery by this week. We would be most appreciative with any suggestions/help identifying the manufacturer.

P.S. I did already try the obvious. I call PBK but they would not release the info.

Thanks,
Pauliegirl

Momof3Labs
11-05-2002, 01:08 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I definitely would have remembered seeing fireman crib bedding during my search (DH is a fireman). The one place I saw fireman bedding was at The Company Store, so you might want to check there.

Good luck!

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

Pauliegirl
11-06-2002, 10:52 AM
Hi Lori,

I check The Company Store's website and couldn't find any firetruck bedding. Please let me know where on their site you saw it or maybe the name of the set.
Thanks,
Pauliegirl

Momof3Labs
11-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Hmmm... I saw it in their catalog, which I receive but then throw away. I know that it is part of the Company Kids line, and there is a whole set of accessories that go with it. I don't remember the name, but the set was adorable, maybe worth calling them and asking about it (or requesting a catalog).

Good luck!

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

elizab27
11-06-2002, 03:08 PM
My friend that works for the PB parent company insists that their patterned sheets are custom made for them and not available elsewhere. I haven't seen many options either:

The company store's bedding is called Firefighters. Twin & Full only.

Rainbee.com has a cute bedding called "heroes".[http://www.rainbee.com/display_item.cgi product=character+bedding&item=OKJ0032&cart_id=7513733.29497&from_search=yes]

usawallpaper.com has Five Alarm boys bedding with many fire truck accessories (don't think they have crib bedding).

joann.com has assorted fire truck fabrics for $5.99/yard that are really cute.

Finally, items from potterybarnkids bedding are often on ebay.

txgirl02
11-07-2002, 08:19 PM
If you really love any pattern with PBK, my advice would be to BUY IT NOW. Not only do they have their bedding custom made, but they manufacture a limited number of sets and routinely discontinue patterns. I fell in love with their sailboat pattern released just in May, it was completely sold out nation wide and online by July, and the bumper alone is now selling on Ebay for $200-300 EACH. The bumper was only $79 in the store! But, it's a very popular pattern, and PBK insists they are not going to bring it back.

Since the firetruck pattern is still in stores, you may be able to find it for a good price via ebay--when the pattern is sold out is when the prices go WAY up.

But either way, don't wait on this if you really have your heart set on it. At the very least, get the bumper pad before it sells out. The quilts and sheets usually sell slower than the bumper pads.

Good luck!

blnony
11-08-2002, 05:38 PM
I don't know who their manufacturer is; however, we have the "Mary Mary" crib bedding from PBK.
We've been very happy with it. I've had to wash the bumper twice, and its come out of the dryer looking as good as new. Its also not so thick that I worry about it in the crib. Some bumpers out there are so puffy and thick that it seems dangerous to put in crib.
I also love their sheets. I have a couple from Company Kids and I think the PB ones have washed better. We also have a thick crib mattress (6 inches) and the PB sheets fit much better that than the CK.
HTH-

yaycarter
12-02-2002, 02:15 PM
I have seen this bedding on Ebay this week - there is a lot of it.

We have been very happy with our "Stacked Animals" set that we bought years ago for ds. It lasted for the years we needed it to, and would last through another baby if I wasn't so itching to change the whole room for our next baby!

Good luck,
Karen