PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer crib sheets -- look horrible after washing?!

smb
11-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Help! I bought the chambray crib sheets and crib skirt from Eddie Bauer. I washed and dried them according to the instructions (washed warm, tumble dry low) and now they look AWFUL -- completely wrinkled beyond recognition. (And believe me, when I say wrinkled, I mean WRINKLED -- I am no laundry snob, but this is ridiculous!) In desperation, I even tried to IRON them (thinking to myself the whole time, I CAN'T be expected to iron CRIB SHEETS), but they still look awful. Did I do something wrong?? Are crib sheets just always horribly wrinkly? This was also my first time using the special baby soap and no fabric softener -- could that really make a difference? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

cha552
11-18-2002, 02:08 PM
smb,

The knit sheets are probably a lot different than what we're used to. I know I normally use woven sheets (with a thread count), but these sheets are knit, like a t-shirt. I just ordered some myself, and now I'm wondering if that was a good idea.

Lilian

smb
11-18-2002, 03:04 PM
The ones I got are actually not knit, they seem to be just like regular cotton sheets. Although there was no thread count listed, I assumed they were the same high quality (read: high count) that everybody has reported for Eddie Bauer sheets. The only cause I can think of so far is that I tried to put too many sheets in at once, so maybe that made them too wrinkly in the dryer. I'm going to try a smaller load and see if that does any good. I'm also thinking that not using a fabric softener (trying to avoid perfumes and dyes, etc) may have had an effect. I'll try again and report back . . .

JMarie
11-18-2002, 08:14 PM
Please do let us know - I have these sheets for my little guy and I would hate to return them and start over finding the perfect colors. I certainly will not have the time or the patience, I'm sure, to deal with ironing crib sheets! I'm lucky I have patience to iron my own clothing!

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher

smb
11-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Just to update: I tried washing the sheets in a smaller load (just 3 sheets and nothing else), and they came out a little bit better, although shtill not wonderful (maybe more washes will do the trick?). I don't have any other crib sheets to compare to, so I don't know if this is an Eddie Bauer quality problem or not. They definitely don't seem as wrinkle-free as my own sheets. If I had to do it over again I would probably go with the Eddie Bauer flannel, as I imagine that would be less wrinkly, or maybe even switch to Lands End. But I guess the babies won't notice the wrinkles, so it doesn't much matter anyway! :)

I'd love to know if anyone else has had the same problem.

Zansu
11-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Why don't you give Eddie Bauer a call? 800-426-8020 They are usually very responsive to customer problems.