PDA

View Full Version : gingham crib bedding

LucyG
11-14-2002, 08:02 AM
I am looking for blue and white gingham crib bedding (bumper and crib skirt). I know that Pottery Barn Kids carries this, and I'm sure other places do, as well. Can anyone suggest other places that carry high-quality bedding in the blue and white gingham?

egoldber
11-14-2002, 08:25 AM
I have several blue and white gingham pieces from The Company Store. Try www.thecompanystore.com and then click on Kids. I have bought many things from TCS over the years and have always been impressed by their quality.

HTH,

LucyG
11-14-2002, 09:36 AM
I went to their website, but wasn't really able to get an idea of what the bedding looks like from the small pictures. I've ordered a catalog, though, hoping it will have larger pictures. Do you know whether the bumpers hold up well, and whether they tie at the top and bottom?

egoldber
11-14-2002, 11:14 AM
The bumpers do tie at both the top and bottom and mine still look brand new after 15 months. I actually got mine off their clearance page. Make sure you check it out since you can get substantial savings that way. I think that mine was a discontinued color and is a slightly more pale blue than the one they offer on their website now.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
11-14-2002, 11:08 PM
I second the vote for Company Kids - their flannel crib sheets are soooo soft! Their customer service is a little iffy (they just seemed confused - but quickly made things right).

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

marit
11-17-2002, 07:52 PM
You can find what you're looking for at the Land's End website (or catalog). They have gingham crib bedding in blue, pink and purple, and are supposed to be very high quality.

Marit

kathsmom
11-18-2002, 12:10 AM
Hi, LucyG!

If you are considering ordering the Lands' End crib bumper, please call them first and ask for the dimensions of the crib bumper. I had ordered the Barnyard knit sheets from them and loved them (I had called before I ordered the sheets to get the dimensions, because another knit sheet that I got from BRU did not fit my mattress. They were very helpful with the information). Because I loved the sheets so much, I ordered the crib bumper and crib skirt to match. The crib skirt fit my crib with no problems. I began putting the bumper pad in and securing the ties to the rails. It was way too long for the crib! It overlapped itself quite a bit and I could not figure out how on earth I could attach the ties to the rails. I tried every way to fix it, but could not. I thought my crib was standard size - my crib mattress is a standard size for length and width (it may be a little thicker than some others, but that would have nothing to do with the bumper being too long around the crib). I would measure around your crib and call Lands' End first for the measurements to see if it would work. I sent the bumper and skirt back and will try to find something else that will go with my Barnyard sheets. I loved the quality of the product, so I am really bummed that it did not fit.

Good luck! Let us know what you find!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

gour0
11-19-2003, 02:05 PM
Lucy, did you check out the Pottery Barn Outlet? And, did you see the posts in the lounge about the GA get-together this weekend?

LucyG
11-19-2003, 04:11 PM
I did see the post about the GA gathering, and I joined the Yahoo group!

That crib bumper bedding post is a year old! I ended up getting one from PBK (ordered it online), and it's been fine for 9 months now.