PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Wendy Bellissimo moses basket?

etwahl
11-18-2002, 08:28 PM
We're thinking of ordering one. I realize a lot of people have said they have limited use for a limited amount of time, but they are so cute, and she has one for $120 (very basic style). Just wondering if anyone has one and if they liked it.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Momof3Labs
11-18-2002, 10:00 PM
I have a Martha Stewart moses basket (got it for around $60 on clearance - www.marthastewart.com - they may still have some left) and we've used it a lot. Colin likes to be cozy when he sleeps, so he takes naps in it and sleeps in it at night. We haven't used the PNP bassinet at all (that was our plan). He is outgrowing it so I bet we'll be out of it in another month or so (at around 12 weeks), so we're working on moving him to his crib.

I don't think that it's worth spending tons of $$$ for a top-of-the-line basket. The only big difference is the bedding, and you have to remove most of it (suffocation risk). The sturdiness of the basket isn't really an issue because you're not supposed to carry the babies in any of the Moses baskets.

Lori
mommy to Colin Daniel 9/28/02

BostonBaby
11-25-2002, 10:12 PM
I bought a Wendy Bellissimo moses basket from Neiman Marcus over the internet. My husband had a fit at the cost but when it arrived we both fell in love with it. I have not had a chance to use it yet the baby is due this April so we shall see. Good luck there are cheaper ones out there I found out a little too late. Sara

tilly2321
12-21-2002, 10:15 PM
We bought the Wendy B. one from a store here in NJ (the print is the Frog one-same pattern as Kelly Ripa's nursery and also shown in Babystyle). We LOVED ours and the baby often napped in it. When we went to friends' houses (not all that often though), we would bring it and had a great, cozy place for our little one to sleep in. It always brought on tons of "Ohs and Ahhs" ANyhow, now it prettily stores lots of his little toys and then will be passed on to a friend until our next one comes. We have never regretted buying this. One of our best pics is our little guy snuggled up in his basket. He just loved being in there.
P.S. the quality of the bedding is out of this world!!!
If you want, ebay also sells some of them here and there. Good Luck!

Tiare
12-22-2002, 04:53 PM
In response to message number 3

Do you also have the Wendy Bellissimo crib set?? I am SO IN LOVE with them that nothing else compares - but the price is over-the-top. My baby is due in April - so we are still deciding if we want to spend so much.

etwahl
12-22-2002, 06:12 PM
I ordered a Wendy Bellissimo crib set. I'm still waiting for delivery, but I love the quality. We bought the Starlight, which is only $360 I believe. I actually ordered it from www.polkatots.com who at the time had a 10% discount, free shipping, and no tax. Unfortunately I don't think they have that 10% off deal anymore, but they may give the free shipping and definitely you won't pay tax from them. I know they're web site isn't totally functional right now, but you can get their phone number from that site and call them. They'll basically sell all the Wendy Bellissimo stuff if you want. Ask what kind of deal they'll give you. One thing to keep in mind is that it takes a while to get it, so definitely order well in advance. It will be almost 12 weeks by the time we get it from when we first ordered.

I just love their bedding, and when it came down to it, the plushness of their fabrics seemed worth the money. Good luck!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Tiare
12-23-2002, 02:15 AM
Tammy - thanks for the great info - I will give them a call. Have you actually seen/touched the fabrics and crib sets. There are no shop where I live that even carries them. The Starlight is SO CUTE!! I actually just sent away for 10 free swatches (from the Bellissimo website)in order to get a clear idea of what I want to order.

etwahl
12-23-2002, 06:50 AM
Yes, we have touched and seen many of Wendy's designs and fabrics. They sell it at a Bellini close to our house and they had every swatch you could possibly imagine, plus many designs in house. They are extremely plush, soft, and wonderful. IMO, I just felt the quality was much higher than anything else we saw, and we tried to look at a bunch of styles and designers IRL. I really liked the Starlight design, not only because of the price, but because it was so simple and elegant. I didn't want a patterned or themed bedding, and I knew I could later add a pattern to the baby's room with other accessories. One thing I want to mention is that the quality of her bedding is the same no matter what the price. It's just that some have more detail (detailed embroidery), and use a variety of fabrics. One reason I found out Starlight was cheaper was because they made more of it, and they were able to give a better price. Good luck! Maybe PolkaTots will have an After-Christmas sale! You could also tell them that you were referred by someone on this message board (I told them I was referring them in appreciation) and tell them the deal I got and see if they can match it. You never know!

Let me know what you decide and how it works out for you :)

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

Tiare
12-24-2002, 09:23 AM
Thanks again Tammy. The other designer set I was looking at online (because once again, they are not offered anywhere near me) were Amy Coe and Kimberly Grant - oh, and also Blue Moon. Did you look at those as well and what were your thoughts? Also, since we have similar taste in bedding... what crib did you purchase? How about infant seat/stroller? As you can see, I am up to my eyeballs in it :-) , but it is fun picking out things for the new member of our family.

etwahl
12-24-2002, 02:42 PM
I don't remember looking at Amy Coe, but I think we looked at some Kimberly Grant stuff (can't remember for sure). Is her stuff washable? I remember looking at a couple at Bellini that were dry clean only (yeah, right!) Otherwise, I think it's just a personal thing. Sorry I can't help you more on that.

In terms of what crib we got, we went with a Natart convertible sleigh crib - Logan collection. Really nice, but there are also a lot of nice cribs out there.

Stroller, we got a Combi Ultra Savvy, and a MB Terrain on order. The baby seat we are going to get the SnugRide and then figure out what we need for the convertible seat. Hope some of this helps!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!