PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to show my favorite baby linens to everyone...

mama2be
11-23-2002, 11:36 AM
I am not getting these, but did try to find out how I could rob a bank to afford them. Fortunalty that was put to rest with getting a round crib so it made it a non issue (they don't make round crib linens)...

But just wanted to show these to you all so we could "oh and ahh" together...They are emboidried and I saw them while up in Nantucket...

http://www.givingtreeonline.com/gordonsbury.html

I doubt this is the store I saw them at I just did a search on the internet and posted the first one I came across...

joodyjr
11-24-2002, 01:26 PM
That is just too cute. But, I'm happily married and want to stay that way, so unless Ed McMahon comes to my front door with a big check, I'm going to have to pass on it! LOL.

mama2be
11-24-2002, 02:24 PM
Isn't it the truth...I was just drooling...:)

sntm
11-25-2002, 03:17 PM
those are gorgeous -- the safari print is so unusual. i was looking at the other linens they had -- i didn't know yves delorme made baby stuff. good thing for DH i already committed to the pbk moon and stars pattern.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

mama2be
11-25-2002, 06:09 PM
I don't know which one I like the best...I think I liked the bunny rabbit one best of the group they had to offer, the safari one is just the one seen first but that was not necessarily my fav...

I thought you'd like them, after seeing your wedding picutres I swear our dresses and our weddings looked so much alike, it was scarey. And then I too had picutres done of my dress (hanging from a door) and shoes (up close) in black and white. When I was writing my post about these linens I thought "shannon will like 'em"...:)

I haven't seen pbk moon and stars do you have a picture or link...

sntm
11-26-2002, 06:40 PM
check here:
http://ww2.potterybarnkids.com/cat/pip.cfm?age=BABY&gnd=A&pg=2&pcat=BDGNSH&lst=dBDGNSH-ABABY&grp=15241&itm=g15241&src=shpaBABY%7CcBDGNSH%7Cp2%2FshpaBABY%7CcBDG%7Cp1 %2Fshpababy%2Fidx

Our nursery has a slanted ceiling that we are going to paint like a night sky, if I can find the reflective paint I want for the stars. I've picked out a print from "land of nod" with a moon as well. Wanted to be an astronaut when I was little and DH loves that stuff as well. Plus we wanted something that would work for two kids, as we will either have to stuff another into that little room or move when we have a second. Although, if I find out we are having a girl, I mave have to change to a garden theme with little bugs everywhere. My mom's neighbor has a little girl whose room has monarch butterfly cutouts flying up onto the ceiling and a dragonfly mobile.

BTW, you'll have to post wedding pics of your own! I became such a devotee of the Fields while planning my wedding, I bought the Baby Bargains book before we even started trying.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

kathsmom
11-27-2002, 02:00 AM
Shannon,

Do you have a PBK store near you? The reason I am asking is that they have a new "moon" crib bumper (or at least it's new to me, since I haven't been in the store since before DS was born!). I believe that it is called "My Friend Moon". The moon is a crescent moon made of yellow chenille and outlined with blue chenille. It is a sleeping moon. The background is white. The inside of the bumper is lined with a white background with a small blue print on it. They had it on display with the white crib skirt with blue rick-rack and the flannel sheets that are white with blue sheep (I think it is sheep!). I got the yellow patchwork bumper pad for $20.00 on clearance and the yellow chambray crib skirt (it wasn't on sale) to match our Lands' End barnyard sheets. I know that the PBK bumpers have not gotten great reviews from some of the other posters who have purchased them, and I would probably not spend $50-$70 on one, but I felt that for $20, I could live with it if it did sag.

I guess you have told your families about your good news. How did you tell them? I know that you were asking for suggestions on another thread on another board. I would love to know how you told them and their reactions!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

mama2be
11-27-2002, 08:30 AM
I don't know how to "post" pictures so I will need DH's help. I give him the guilt trip by saying , "so and so has a web site that shows her nursery...her strollers...her car seat..."...:)

My nursery fabric should be sewn and ready to hang next week (postponed one week) so once that is in place I will be eager to put up my pics...

I love your moon and stars motif...I'll brainstorm and see if I can think of ideas to "girlie it", I thought a plantet with a pretty flower on it painted somewhere :)

My friend did the nursery that resembled the garden...it was adorable. She actually used wood to give it a 3D effect for the "gate" and connected that to the wall painted white. I have a butterfly table that my father made me when I was little (we are using it for Tristan's room), it would be cute in such a room. I will get pics of that too...Her mobile was my favorite that I have ever seen, and was hand made. Her enighbor made her a mobile using wooden clothes pins, coat hangers and fabric from the room. She turned the coat hanger to resemble a dragonfly (I love them) and then hung these clothes pins from it and used the fabric in the slit to make them "wings". I swear it was so "simple/classy"...I want one so badly.