PDA

View Full Version : golf crib bedding

wingate702
11-28-2002, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know where I can get golf themed sheets for my son's crib? I also want a bumoer if anyone can help!!

Thanks,

Cheryl

raynjen
12-05-2002, 12:31 AM
This isn't exactly what you wanted, but it's an idea...when you mentioned golf themed bedding I imediately pictured green sheets and bumpers (intensity depending on your vision) with a different colored green "green" in the middle of your sheet. Picture a light green sheet with a puddle of darker green on it. In the middle of the "green" you could put a black circle "hole" with a white circle ball ready to fall in. I even see black stitching behind the ball showing the eccentric path it has followed to the cup (like you see behind bumblebees and planes on bedding). You could use actual golf flags at the corners of the crib (like a canopy bed) or just on one corner. I've seen lots of rugs that show putting greens or golf balls (think golf catalogs instead of baby ones). I can also see golf clubs being used for drapery rods (especially tab-topped drapes that show off the rod). Golf ball drawer pulls are a must also. You know, I am not the least interested in golf, but now I want to do a room like this!

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted, I hope I gave you a few ideas though.

Jen

Mom to Noelle (10/25/01)

mama2be
12-09-2002, 10:30 PM
I think that sounds lovely!!!! I agree with the golf clubs as curtain rods. You can find the older wood ones and use them, cheap at thrift stores!!!

When I first read this I imagined a green bumper and ruffle and a matellesse (is that spelled right) comforter (you'd probably have to buy a twin and have it altered). But a white matellesse with the quilting could look like dimples on a ball. A regal shield with babies intitals on the wall (to appear like a country club emblem) would look nice too...

wingate702
12-10-2002, 08:01 PM
Thanks so much this sounds great!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl

wingate702
12-10-2002, 08:02 PM
Thank you so much for your ideas. They are really inspirational and maybe I'll get the nerve to try it out!!

Thanks,

Cheryl

SASM
12-15-2002, 11:51 PM
Oh my God...You guys are so clever!!!! Cheryl, if you end up doing this you have to post the pictures!! It sounds so cute :-) Good luck!

Sharyn
EDD #1 01.21.03