PDA

View Full Version : elastic on Carter's sheets

LucyG
12-11-2002, 10:32 AM
Does anyone know whether Carter's Starters knit crib sheets have elastic all the way around them?

cara1
12-11-2002, 01:38 PM
They don't, the elastic is just at the four corners. But I must say, my cheapo Carter's sheet fits better than my California Kids or Company Kids sheets that do have the elastic all the way around (they still seem big and the material bunches up, even after many washings).

Momof3Labs
12-11-2002, 02:37 PM
I have some inexpensive Carter's knit sheets from BRU that have elastic all the way around them. But they aren't soft at all, and are generally disappointing. I've actually had good luck with flannel sheets from the Company Store. They are very soft and fit my Colgate foam mattress snugly.

So maybe you just need to try a few different ones - what works for one doesn't work for another!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

daisymommy
12-15-2002, 11:22 PM
That's weird that some people have some w/out elastic all the way around--because mine do! I bought 2 from BRU (baby blue knit), and one of the same from the Carter's outlet. They are super soft, fit great on my 5" thick mattress, have never shrunk, and have elastic all the way around!

luvbeinmama
12-17-2002, 07:41 PM
I have 1 flannel & 1 woven sheet from BRU (probably Carter's) and neither have elastic all the way around, just on the ends like regular sheets. However, this has never been a problem, and I like the sheets. From the other posts, it sounds like they probably put elastic all the way around on the knit sheets only.

HTH