PDA

View Full Version : sewing your own bumper, crib skirt?

phinsmom
12-14-2002, 07:40 PM
I am thinking of buying my own vintage fabric and having someone make the bumper and crib skirt. Has anyone done this already? I know I can buy the bumper filler at the baby store near me. I just feel the "sets" are a waste of money because I don't plan on using the quilt anyway. And for the sheets I will just buy solids from the company store or Carters. Any thoughts or ideas on this? Thanks!!

Caroline99
12-15-2002, 01:45 PM
I think someone covered this a few weeks ago: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID2/303.html

I suspect that making your own bumper and crib skirt will really depend on your sewing expertise. I've been sewing for just over a year and while I feel comfortable with a bumper, I'm more wary of my ability to competently sew a skirt (because of all the gathering, pleats).

Good luck!
Caroline

mama2be
12-15-2002, 08:29 PM
I'm having my sewn by a lady...and should get it back on Wednesday evening so can let you know more about it then. I knew what I wanted sot his was the only way I could get it. NOt certain I am really saving money but once charged for it will be glad to share what she charged and how she did.

:)

SASM
12-15-2002, 11:47 PM
Neve,

Could you post pictures? I was reading your post from last month and would LOVE to see the finished product!! Good luck :-) I hope that it lives up to your dreams.

Sharyn
Edd #1 01.21.03

mama2be
12-16-2002, 08:13 AM
Sharyn,

Thanks so much...I hope it does too :)

I will post some picutures once it is all in place. My goal is by the first week of Feb to have that room done. We had our neighborhood christmas homes tour yesterday adnt here was a cute girls nursery done in lavender walls and dark (unique color though) blue with flouresect painted starts on the ceiling. They had a flourescent light bulb hitting the ceiling and you could se the stars. White crib, white christmas tree, simple elegant mobile and a white whicker bird cage (decortion) in the corner...It was lovely!!!

phinsmom
12-16-2002, 06:22 PM
I am the original poster, thanks for the link to the past stream! I loved seeing the photos and would want to see yours too. It seems like people get really creative!