PDA

View Full Version : Flannel crib sheets disappearing?

akc
12-19-2002, 10:40 AM
Hi -

Is it me or have The Company Store AND Pottery Barn Kids AND Lands End stopped selling flannel crib sheets? There is one ultrabright turquoise set in the clearance for TCS, but other than that - nothing.

That leaves Eddie Bauer (which are reasonably priced - does anyone have any experience with these flannel sheets)? Or, just Carters flannel sheets for BRU (which are cheaper and I don't have to pay shipping - does anyone recommend or hate these sheets - I would worry that after a couple uses, they would get pilly and rough).

I got my daughter cotton crib sheets b/c she was born in July, but now it's not even so much that they are cold as it is that they are rough (and I bought the nice, high cotton counts from babystyle and the company store and PBK!)

Thanks for your help! :)

Alexa

akc
12-19-2002, 10:43 AM
Grrrrrrrr...Now, I just went to try to add the Eddie Bauer ones to a cart just to see the total + shipping, and they don't have any more of the Butter colored ones (the color I need b/c all the others will clash terribly with my daughter's room) in stock - not backordered, just not in stock period.

That just leaves Carters? Help - are they any good?

Alexa

Momof3Labs
12-19-2002, 09:57 PM
Do you have a Company Store outlet near you? Last I checked, they still had flannel crib sheets at the outlet near us.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

shall85296
12-22-2002, 11:53 PM
PBK has a few flannel sheets right now- but they are a print/ not a solid.
My Eddie Bauer home store (Chandler, AZ) is selling flannel crib sheets @ %50 right now ($11 I think) and they had a ton in all different colors. Eddie Bauer CS is great, and they would probably send it to a store near you if you tried. One other thing about them is that if you want to order something from their catalog, they do not charge you shipping if you order it from the store, and they send it directly to your house.
Good Luck

akc
12-23-2002, 09:47 AM
No - unfortunately. I'm catalog or online for The Company Store. Thanks though - I think the outlet is a sign that they are no longer selling them.

Thx -
akc

akc
12-23-2002, 09:48 AM
Oh - thanks for the tip! I do have an Eddie Bauer store here, but it never carried baby stuff, so I wrote it off. It's good to know that I can call them and have them sent. I'll try that.

I also picked up a Carter's one to see how it wears. I just haven't heard good stuff about its softness after a while.

Thx -

akc

suzska
12-28-2002, 12:58 AM
I just wanted to say that we have two Carter's flannel sheets and they've been holding up fine after 21 months of use. Okay, we haven't used them as much over that 21 months as we used our Lands' End ones, but the Carter's ones still seem to be fine. The only reason that the Lands' End ones have probably been used more is that they're a print and the Carter's are a solid, so the print's a little more interesting. :-)

akc
12-30-2002, 10:35 PM
Hi -

Well, they magically appeared at The Company Store again. There are pastel and solid primary as well as some gingham, so everyone can order away! I suspect they took them off the website for Xmas (since they aren't exactly the type of Xmas gift most people give) and/or replenished and are now back! Anyway, they are there - I just searched under flannel.

Also, some of you might have read my other post, but I went ahead and got two sheets that are fleece - just about the softest thing you could imagine. See my other post about www.fleecebaby.com - but they are better for my little girl b/c they "wick" away the water and don't get wet from drooling like cotton or flannel do!

Thx for everyone's advice - I may have been losing my mind, but I swear they were NOT there! :)

Alexa