PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas on a boy/girl room

rebwal
12-30-2002, 05:19 PM
DD will be 2.5 when her brother joins the family. Before I became pregnant I had her room all designed with green paint, picket fence and flowers. Now that they have to share a room, I have to forgo my idea. Any thougths on the motif for the room? I've already purchased a quilt for dd's bed, but it's pretty neutral with a white background and yellow, blue, green, and pink colors throughout. They will probably share the room until dd is 5/6 years old. Thanks for your ideas.

Rebekah

p.s. I'm not into the celestial theme

suzska
12-30-2002, 07:17 PM
The two that came to mind rignt away were a circus theme or a farm animals theme. You could do a lot of creative painting and accessorizing with either of those and they're still pretty gender neutral. Our if you wanted to "more" creative you could maybe do a "Hundred Acre Woods" Pooh Bear theme and paint the "woods" on the wall. That way you could maybe still get your "picket fence and flowers" look, but have it be a little more "boy friendly."

Well, that's what I thought of off the top of my head!

Have fun!

Rachels
12-30-2002, 10:05 PM
I agree on the animal idea! When I was little, I had a jungle theme in my room. I loved it. I still remember that wallpaper, and still gravitate toward stuffed animals for my daughter that remind me of the ones in my little-girl room. I kept that room design until I was 13.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

nohomama
12-30-2002, 11:21 PM
What about insects? Dragonflies, catapillars, and/or ladybugs singly or together???

For ideas, try checking out www.wallies.com, even if you're planning on painting or stenciling. They've got some great motifs. I'm partial to the KP Kids Frogs and Turtles, the Todd Parr Silly City, and Hot Squares and Hot Dots. All are gender neutral.

Good luck.

sntm
01-01-2003, 09:08 PM
i second the bugs idea! we plan on having another baby fairly soon after this one and they will share a small room. if this one was a girl, i was considering doing the garden style and adding more bugs, trees, treehouses, etc to the other side if the second was a boy. plus there are tons of cute bug-related toys. sassy, i think, makes a bunch.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

corrie
01-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Another thought would be to select a favorite storybook character or characters. You could paint images of the character on the walls or furniture and just use solid colored sheets and accessories.

-Corrie