PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever heard of crib bedding brand - Step by Step?

jpadavic
01-20-2003, 06:30 PM
I have been very interested in a Stars & Moon theme for the baby's bedroom. I have seen a bedding set manufactured by: Step By Step called Star Light. I really like it. The problem is...I have only seen/heard of it online through ebay.com. They say it is 100% cotton but I would love more feedback on how this line of bedding compares with other well-known/rated bedding in the babybargains book. Any quick response is appreciated.

SylviaWig
02-12-2003, 05:36 PM
I purchased that very set off Ebay for $139 plus an extra $5 for an adorable mobile. The set states right on the package that it is 100% cotton and to wash in cold water with like colors - in other words, like light delicates. I haven't washed it yet because our crib is not put together yet, but I did pull the bedding out and inspected it. It looks like it's well made and the bumper has ties on top and bottom. The comforter has a rod pocket so you can easily put a rod through it and hang it as a wall decoration. I haven't seen this bedding for sale anywhere else other than Ebay, but Pottery Barn Kids manufactured a similar stars and moon design that I believe was from last year's catalog. You can also find it on Ebay by searching for Pottery Barn or Pottery Barn Kids. I liked the Step by Step set because the colors are a bit more vivid than the PBK set I've seen, and it's gender-neutral, so you can use it for a girl or boy. I wasn't impressed with any of the mass-marketed bedding sets they had for sale at Baby Depot or BRU, and I refused to spend more than $200 on crib bedding, so that was a major consideration in my choice of crib set. But you can accessorize this set by borrowing from other similar themed sets. I registered at BRU for a Koala Baby Silver Lining lamp and wall shelf that I think would go perfectly, and I believe JC Penney has some moon and stars window sheers that I plan to buy maybe in a few weeks. I don't know if I've answered all your questions, but I hope this helps! Good luck and God bless! :)