PDA

View Full Version : How to accessorize with animal bedding set???

egoldber
01-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Jungle animals are very popular. You can find lots of jungle animal theme items: trash cans, stuffed animals, lamp shades, rugs, etc. I would do whichever one you really like. Check out Ikea for cheap solutions and Pottery Barn Kids and The Company Store for upscale stuff.

HTH,

angusmom
01-22-2003, 11:25 AM
Doesn't Kidsline itself manufacture a boatload of accessories for all their bedding patterns? I would imagine you can get a lot of exactly coordinated Malawai stuff right along with the bedding set - from switchplates to lamps to step stools.

I looked up this bedding set at one of the sites I visit a lot, and there are a bunch of accessories listed. If you don't buy the Kidsline items that coordinate exactly, I think you will have a VERY difficult time finding accessories at other stores that match because the characters in this bedding are of such a particular style and color combination. I'm sure you could always look for generic solid color accent pieces - the colors won't be hard to match, just the style of the characters.

Here is where I saw all the Kidsline accessories listed:
http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/kli/kli4200beds.html

Good luck!

danak2002
02-01-2003, 02:39 PM
you could also go through magazines, second hand books, ect and cut out pages of different animals and make a college on a posterboard and frame it. frames at target in different finishes are very inexpensive. you could also take a whole page and frame it of a animal
you could also buy letters at ac moore with alphabet letters, take a piece of consruction paper, place a saying(I used little angel) or the babys name in the center. then get animal stickers and decorate around the name and frame it and hang it on the wall 'the first idea i got at the toddler bargin book, the second was my own

mommychic
08-25-2003, 11:02 PM
I was planning on decorating the nursery in a celestial theme until I recently discovered this bedding set by Kidsline called Malawi. It's blue and sage green with patchwork animals on it. It's so adorable in person. I love the idea of sage green walls. But thats as far as I can think of how to decorate with this set.

The celestrial theme is so popular now that it's easy to find accessories. Today in Target I found tons of stuff. I'm debating if I should just stick with this theme since it's so readily available. I even have the paint swatches already for this. Yellow for the walls, periwinkle for the star stencil board.

If I do the Malawi set, I haven't got the faintest idea of how to deocorate around it.

Anyone creative enough that has suggestions???

Thanks.

Lisa

PS: I'm going for a gender neutral them.

brookehanna
12-11-2003, 02:37 PM
I was searching through old threads for others' feedback about the Malawi bedding set. We are happy with it...except that the bumper pad is too long. I'm going to try washing it and see if that helps. Here's how we decorated the baby's room. Wall color is Sherwin Williams Warming Peach. This set has a lot of green in it, so I do not recommend green walls. This peach color matches the color in the quilt and wallpaper border very well. We used green gingham for the curtains on the window and on the closet. My mom and I painted the giraffe and palm tree on the wall. The green lamp is from Target and matches perfectly! My mom modified the valance. She took the tab tops off and made a pocket for the curtain rod with blue gingham. Crib is from BRU Golden Baby Jessica conv. crib. Enjoy. :)

Brooke

edd baby #1 1/12/04

lmintzer
12-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Pier 1 Imports had some really cute wooden animal toys (pull toy animals on wheels) this season. We bought a giraffe and an elephant as accessories for our PB Kids animal-themed nursery. Pier 1 also has cute animal picture frames that would go well with your nursery.

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01
& Joshua, 11/16/03