PDA

View Full Version : Wendy Bellissimo bedding

smilequeen
01-21-2003, 11:16 PM
I am in love with the look of this stuff but have a few questions. We don't have any good baby stores around here...I may check at a boutique in St. Louis soon, but so far I've just looked online.

1. Does the price reflect the quality?
2. Are those big fat bumpers safe? They look so cushy online and I've heard bumpers might not be safe.

APG
01-21-2003, 11:40 PM
their bumpers are great---they look so much better in the crib than the thin ones. The quality is fabulous too

JMarie
01-22-2003, 12:19 AM
If you're worried about the price, a new line is coming out in February called Wendy Bee - not as many selections, not as ornate, not as luxurious, but still Wendy Bellissimo at a lower price. You can see them all at wendybee.net - there's also a layout in the newest EPregnancy (maybe it's Fit Pregnancy - I got both of them the same day, so I'm confused!). From what I've seen I'm pretty impressed. HTH!

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher

etwahl
01-22-2003, 12:43 AM
I am still awaiting my Wendy Bellissimo bedding order. I ordered it through a company called Polka Tots because I got a 10% discount, free shipping, and no tax (they no longer have this promotion going though). I ordered her cheapest set -- Starlight. But I think it's beautiful. I've seen a bunch of her sets IRL at the local Bellini, and the quality is amazing as far as I'm concerned. It's soft, cuddly, and luxurious. But it's also practical. The bumpers are slip-covered, so you wash only those, and everything is machine washable. The stuff is just incredible.

I wasn't going to, but I also ordered a Moses basket from BabyStyle in the WB brand. It's BEAUTIFUL! They also have select beddings for WB on BabyStyle, and right now, they have $50 off if you spend $150 or more (plus free shipping) so you might want to consider looking there.

Bottom line, I also liked the simple styling. I wanted something that didn't have a theme to it, and this fit the bill. I also LOVE the skirts on her sets. They are just incredible.

I think if you look at some of her lower priced sets, you will find it fairly reasonable. The quality is the same for all, but some are just more ornate (or have embroidery on them) and that's why some are more expensive. Good luck!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

smilequeen
01-22-2003, 12:59 AM
Thanks everyone! I ordered some swatches from her website so I'll look forward to those.

I don't mind spending the money as long as I'm getting what I pay for you know? It does sound like the quality is worth it :) I have a long list of her designs that I LOVE, more than anything else I've seen.

etwahl
01-22-2003, 01:04 AM
The other thing I forgot to mention, you can actually order the bumpers in the flatter style. Since it's all custom, you can choose to have either if you are worried about them.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

ddmarsh
01-22-2003, 10:28 PM
I actually came across a post on the parents place baby gear board that was responded to by Wendy Bellisimo's DH regarding the thickness of the bumpers. While it sounded quite reasonable, I would have to question some of his statements (i.e. of all the soft bedding deaths none has been linked to the bumpers - I can't imagine how anyone can make such a statement). He did state that they keep in close contact with one of the safety organizations and are up-to-date on standards.

Debbie