PDA

View Full Version : Whirligig Bedding by Kids Line

mdefalcony
01-22-2003, 11:58 PM
I really like this bedding set and think it's quite gender neutral. The bugs are adorable. I just have two questions:

For those who have it, I read reviews on BRU.com that the sheets shrink and have ripped after a washing. Are they really that bad in quality?

I'm wondering also what color to paint the nursery. I was thinking half the wall a lemon yellow, the border in the middle of the wall, then a sage green. Any other cute ways to decorate besides purchasing all the accessories? Paint, stencils, great finds to coordinate with this set?

Thanks for your help.
Maria

JMarie
01-23-2003, 01:27 AM
I don't have this particular set, but a co-worker has it in her twin's nursery and it is just adorable. I know for a fact she decided against the matching sheets - she didn't like the way they felt. I think she ended up getting sheets from The Company Kids website because they were 100% cotton - I believe she has the green and yellow, but I'm not positive. I'm pretty sure you'll get some good recommendations for those sheets on this board; if I'm not mistaken, most people seem to like the way they hold up. Right now, they're on sale for $11.99 and I believe there is free shipping as well.

I think color-blocking the walls is a great idea, and you really can't go wrong with any of the colors. The one reason we didn't put our border in the middle of the wall - like I really wanted to - was because it is peel-and-stick, so it really doesn't take too much to pull it off. I can just imagine Aidan getting adventurous in his crib and yanking it down. I think if it's regular pasted border, you should be fine. HTH!

JMarie
EDD 2/23/03
Aidan Christopher

mdefalcony
01-23-2003, 01:30 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I've never heard of The Company Store before, so I'll have to check them out. The sheets with the set feel very thin.

Regarding the border, (this is going to sound nuts, but this is where I got the idea :)) I was watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" the other night and they were in Ally's room. Her room was adorable. Half the wall was pink, then a floral border, then lavender paint on the bottom half. The floral border was framed between two pieces of thin white molding. I thought this was a great idea. It makes the room look more polished, it's inexpensive, and prevents the border from peeling off.

Thanks for your help!
Maria