PDA

View Full Version : ultimate crib sheet vs sheet savers

jd11365
02-01-2003, 10:12 PM
Is one better over the other? Is there a difference?

Tracey1
02-02-2003, 12:06 AM
There is a difference! The ultimate crib sheet is larger, it will cover the entire sleeping area whereas the sheet saver is the same width as the mattress, but much shorter- more like 14" long.

We used both, but once DD was rolling the sheet savers were useless because she was all over the crib. At 13 months, we're still using the ultimate crib sheets - they're great, I can't imagine having to change the actual crib sheet so often!

August Mom
02-02-2003, 03:53 AM
I like to use the sheet savers in areas other than the crib. We put one in the PNP bassinet, in the regular bassinet, in our bed if DS was sitting there with us, on the couch, etc. I found them especially handy when DS was spitting up all the time. When DS was little, we used them lengthwise and they fit under his entire body. The ultimate crib sheet is designed for use in the crib and I think it would be cumbersome to use elsewhere. The other difference between the sheet savers and the ultimate crib sheet is the material. The sheet savers are quilted.

Momof3Labs
02-02-2003, 11:26 AM
In addition to August Mom's comments, I find the sheet savers to be much softer on Colin's skin.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

himom
02-02-2003, 02:50 PM
Can anyone tell me where to find the sheet savers? Is that what they are actually called?

I did a search for "sheet saver" on the BRU site and the only product it came up with was the Ultimate Crib Sheet, which I already have.

I thought it might be good to get a sheet saver or two for the baby's cradle.

Thanks!
Jodi

etwahl
02-02-2003, 03:02 PM
I had the same question. Actually the BRU site doesn't have them, but if you go into the store, they do. They are called "Sheet Savers" and they're in the bedding section. They come in a variety of colors, I believe lilac, blue, green, yellow, ivory, and white. Good luck!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

August Mom
02-02-2003, 03:25 PM
I got mine at the BRU store too. I should also mention that there are two designs of sheet savers. One style is quilted and the other has bears on it. Both are padded and soft but I like the regular quilted style better. Personally, I think it washes better. Just FYI

Mommy to Justin
8-14-02

Momof3Labs
02-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Also, the ones with the bears on them are either not waterproof or not as waterproof as the quilted ones - we have both.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

bnme
02-03-2003, 08:10 AM
do the sheetsavers strap onto crib also?

Momof3Labs
02-03-2003, 10:30 AM
They have ties instead of snap-on straps.

angusmom
02-03-2003, 11:54 AM
I have sheet savers from a couple different brands. NoJo I think might be the company that invented them? And then this other basics bedding company called ABC makes them too.

You can find them at this site:
http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/cci/cci21426.html

AmyL9
02-04-2003, 05:22 PM
I just bought a crib pad at a Carter's outlet that is waterproof.. It looks like it should go around the whole mattress. Anyone know about these & if they are comparable to what BRU sells? I also bought a similar matching bassinet/changing pad table cover.

Thanks,
Amy

bina
02-04-2003, 06:49 PM
I bought the same pad (waterproof mattress pad) at a Carter's outlet. I'm concerned that it will make noise, though. If it does not, and I decide to keep it, do I need an ultimate crib sheet or sheet saver in addition to the mattress pad? It seems like a good idea, so that the sheet is "saved" but I'm not sure I have the concepts right.
Thanks
Bina

Momof3Labs
02-04-2003, 09:24 PM
The point of the UCS or sheet saver is to not have to change the sheet with every little spit-up or diaper leak. The waterproof mattress pad is fine, but you'll still be changing the sheets quite frequently. Sheets are a pain to change - you have to take off the bumper pad, lift the mattress out of the crib, change the sheet, plunk the mattress back it, straighten the dust ruffle, reattach the bumper - you get the drift...

Lori & Colin 9/28/02