PDA

View Full Version : Simmons changing pad covers

LucyG
02-02-2003, 08:43 AM
We bought a terry cloth Simmons cover to go on our contoured changing pad. However, after washing, it doesn't fit very well. The end of the pad has to be kind of scrunched up to make the cover go on. Have others had this problem? I know the cover will be washed a lot, so if it's going to continue shrinking, I think I'll return the other one I purchased. Any suggestions for other good changing pad covers, or is the scrunching not a big deal?

Momof3Labs
02-02-2003, 11:27 AM
I had that problem with some changing table covers, too. Instead, I use some cheap crib sheets that we got as gifts (and can't return). They don't fit snugly, but I tuck the excess under the pad and they work just fine for us. At least the pad doesn't get scrunched up!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

LD92599
02-02-2003, 09:14 PM
My mom suggested that i use bath towels instead of actual changing pad covers....larger hand towels are a perfect size...i sewed elastic on in 2 spots and they fit great. Best part was i already had the towels & we weren't using them since they don't go with our new bathroom!

Laura
Due: Feb 26th, 2003

heidi_timms
02-03-2003, 04:10 AM
Hi!

I found a website on another post for custom covers made out of velour that looked pretty. I am thinking of ordering some for myself-I have three months to go before the baby gets here. These might not shrink as bad and I'm sure you could ask the lady who makes these about shrinkage. Here is the website:

http://www.darlingdiapers.com/index.html

Heidi

bnme
02-03-2003, 08:15 AM
Mine didn't shrink but I washed it in cold water. I am not even using them anymore, it is easier just to clean the pad itself. You can always just put down a burpcloth for softness.