PDA

View Full Version : Crib Dust Ruffles

snobunni
02-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Any good recommendations for places to buy crib dust ruffles? I already have all the other pieces/parts.

At Babies R Us the Koala Baby brand is very poor quality - the hems are not even straight stitched - they are just serged. And I bought a Carter's crib ruffle, and it's way to narrow for the crib. I don't know why the size is off - it says crib, not bassinet or cradle!

I tried Company Kids, they do have them for $30. That's a bit steep to me.

Thanks, Robin

Momof3Labs
02-03-2003, 08:51 PM
What kind of ruffle are you looking for? (Color, print, etc)

Have you tried eBay?

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

C99
02-03-2003, 09:02 PM
From what I have seen, your options are probably going to be limited in that price range. Company Kids and Lands' End seem to sell the nicest crib skirts for the money. Have you checked out the Martha Stewart line at K-Mart? I know there are several baby gear pieces in the line and the prices aren't bad. I don't know about the quality for the baby stuff, but I do have some of her towels and table linens and they are pretty decent. FWIW, I couldn't find one in a color I liked, so I made one -- although I spent more than $30 for the pattern and materials.

HTH,
Caroline

nohomama
02-03-2003, 09:35 PM
I also made a crib ruffle, very plain with a box pleat on each side, and spent about $10 on the project. I found a basic pattern for free online and used unbleached muslin as a platform and a twin sized sheet (250 thread count, on clearance) for the fabric.

peanut4us
02-06-2003, 01:26 PM
Would you mind pointing me to the online free pattern? I plan on making all of my own stuff, but I haven't found a good easy dust ruffle pattern yet.

Thanks!
joey

gour0
02-06-2003, 05:54 PM
I ended up by mine on ebay. It was PBK and I only paid $14.99 for it. It is a good size, not 'exactly' the right shade, but ok in a pinch!

nohomama
02-06-2003, 11:02 PM
Here are two free patterns I found doing a quick search. If your looking for something more intricate or decorative, there's no shortage of patterns for crib bedding at most fabric stores. I used this crib skirt pattern as a reference (just so you know, I found the measurements for the muslin platform too large) but made mine with a box pleat rather than a gather. I'm no seamstress by any stretch and found a crib skirt well within my capabilities.

crib skirt - http://sewing.about.com/library/weekly/aa062698.htm
crib sheet - http://web.bundlesoflove.org:8000/sheetpattern.htm

peanut4us
02-07-2003, 12:29 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I am going to go and buy my fabric for the linens tomorrow, and those web sites were perfect (and they even sound like they are in my realm of ability!).

I just bought bumper pad batting from Hancock's and it comes with instructions (I'm specifically looking for yardage). So I think I'm all set. All I need to do now is measure the window for the valance and pray that I can find a group of fabrics that I really like (cross your fingers. Have you ever noticed how either you have millions of things you love or nothing at all?).

Anyway, thanks for the tips!
Joey