PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate crib sheet and mattress pad?

memedee
02-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Do you need both the ultimate crib sheet and a mattress pad?
do u also need a plastic mattress cover?
Also do you need sleep sacks like Halo sleep sack in April?
What does a baby sleep in?
I read somewhere that no more than two layers not including the diaper was the American Pediatric Association recommendation>
So if the baby wears a onesie and footie than that is enough?
Also the first month just kimono style t shirts is that right?Does anyone make these except petite bateau? I havent found any other than those and they are $$$.

bnme
02-06-2003, 08:25 AM
-The mattress pad goes under the sheet, the UCS on top so if you want to avoid changing sheets, I'd go with both. I don't use an UCS, I use a waterproff pad (itdoesn't attach) but I will probably get one once he becomes more mobile
-My mattress pad is quilted on top but also waterproof so no plastic cover needed. Plus I think the mattress itself is waterproof.
-My DS sleeps in a onsie and a footed sleeper and is swaddled in a fleece blanket. I haven't tried a sack. A onsie and footie might be enough in April.
-I used side-snap tees. Gerber and Carters make them. I found really soft ones at BuyBuyBaby but I forgot the brand. I didn't use these much, they were huge on DS. I took several froom the hospital and he lived in them for 2 wks! You may want to try Preemie sizes since they are used for such ashort time anyway.

HTH!