PDA

View Full Version : Custom Bedding/Toile Bedding

heidi_timms
02-10-2003, 03:54 AM
Hi Everyone!

I posted a message looking for pink toile bedding a few weeks ago on the board. I just wasn't finding any sets in my price range or anything that I exactly liked! While browsing bedding sets on ebay (I'm an ebayaholic), I found a custom-made set that I liked in blue toile and emailed the seller to see if she makes sets in pink. Nadia, the seller, emailed me lots of photos of her work and I ended up getting my set made by her!

If anyone is interested in custom-bedding, I would highly recommend Nadia. She works out of her home in Oregon. I live in California, so we communicated entirely by email and I paid her with paypal. I specified exactly what I wanted and she made it in about a week! She used to work for Pine Creek Baby Bedding (reviewed by the Fields' in BBB). I had a six-piece bedding set made -bumpers, comforter, sheet, skirt, pillow (for decoration), and fabric bear. I also had her make a matching hamper, toy hanger decoration with pockets, and valance to match! Her six piece sets run about $200-225, depending on what type of fabric you use and accessories run about $30-50. She seems very honest (a stay-at-home Mom) and delivered my set quicker than I even expected!

I was amazed by the quality of the fabrics she used-Central Park pink, gingham, and chenille and she special orders the bumper padding inserts from a special company in New York. She even sent me fabric swatches! I am attaching pictures of my set, but the pictures just don't do it justice! It's so much cuter in person!!!

My set is pink and cream and is pictured in pictures #38-42 of this photo album. This link is long so you will need to cut and paste into your browser.:

http://photos.msn.com/viewing/album.aspx?m7A!X9U3q6bynoZEhFj0U3owz1Hyxn4p7AyPbtb Hcaz1*jSC91j09cpRRX5C5G2SpybPhiQ7xtJRCrOm524Fcp*ks DcuFLSFbYsmLKGzLf2wOjs6*u6ryw$$

She also makes cradle sets, mobiles, wall decorations, diaper stackers. She basically can make anything you see here on Pine Creek's website!:

http://www.pinecreekbedding.com

Here is her email if anyone is interested in contacting her!

[email protected]

~Heidi

jojo2324
02-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Wow Heidi, that looks absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on getting a job well done. Everything is beautiful, and that price is phenomenal!

poisonivie2
02-22-2003, 02:15 PM
I too purchased all of my nursery bedding from Nadia. She makes beautiful bedding at very reasonable prices. She also made some special peices for me that you can't get with Wendy Bellissimo, etc. You can find her on ebay or email her with the above mentioned email address.

Ivie
Mom to Spencer due 4/13/03

bluej
02-22-2003, 05:15 PM
I looked at the photos and they are gorgeous! I can only imagine what it looks like in person. How do you go about finding her on ebay? Thanks

Jen

poisonivie2
02-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Go to ebays search page and do a search for a seller. You can enter her email address which is [email protected] and it will pull up everything that she has. Also her ebay user name is nadia3*r. You can enter either. I just did it and right now she only has one auction going. It is for a beautiful 6 peice crib set out of the same material that mine is. Let me know if you have any more questions. You will be very pleased with the quality of her bedding and she is very friendly and helpful. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Ivie
Mom to Spencer due 4/11/03

heidi_timms
02-24-2003, 11:02 PM
If you email her, she will send you more photos of sets that she's done in the past. I was in love with the pink and cream toile.

If you have a fabric in mind for a crib set, I would just email her and get a quote for her to make your own set. I just specified exactly what I wanted my set to look like and she made it beautifully! She does such nice quality work too and I couldn't believe how fast she is!

bluej
02-24-2003, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all the information! I'm getting giddy just thinking about getting the exact bedding I want for such a great price. I know DH will be pleased as well!

Jen