PDA

View Full Version : net for cradle & crib?

esevetson
02-10-2003, 04:39 PM
Can anyone tell me where to get a net to go over the cradle & crib? I just know our cats will want to explore the newest piece of furniture (or cuddle up to the warmest thing they can find), which is fine except that I'd rather they not do that after the baby arrives...

hlo
02-11-2003, 12:42 AM
There don't seem to be very many choices on this front -- here's a link to a site where you can purchase a Crib Tent (you can also purchase via Babycenter.com's store) -- this one is just a little cheaper.

https://www.innovativedist.com/tots/tots1.html

I haven't found any tenting for cradles yet, though I'm still looking!

esevetson
02-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Thanks!
Actually, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, there's a bug net that would probably work well for cradles. So we may do both...

pshontz
02-11-2003, 04:56 PM
We bought a "crib tent" for about $59 at Babies R Us. They also had some mosquito crib netting that was loose. This crib tent had a zipper to get the baby in and out. But, we never used it because it was a big pain! It ties down on the sides of the crib, so you would have to untie it every time you need to change the sheets, etc.

And also, we found that our 2 cats have shown no interest in the crib. They also stay their distance from the baby -- they kind of want to watch her but not get too close. You can find messages with tips about cats and babies in the babyproofing forum. A friend put foil on her baby furniture to train the cats not to jump on it. Our cats have never even tried (our baby is now 5 months old). We did install a screen door on the nursery to keep the cats out at night and that's worked great.

Priscilla