PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Miracle Blanket

tommys_mommy
02-12-2003, 02:30 PM
I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with the amazing miracle blanket (miracleblanket.com). I found their website when doing a search on "colic". I don't think my 1-month-old son has colic but he does not nap well during the day and by evening is over-tired and cranky and does not eat well -- nurses for 10 minutes and falls asleep but wakes when you put him down. He fusses until I put him in the sling and then he zonks out after just a few minutes. We have trouble swaddling him because he is big (about 12 lbs) and long (22.5 inches). The testimonials on the miracle blanket web site sound promising but I was hoping to get some independent feedback.
Thanks!

Momof3Labs
02-12-2003, 07:05 PM
I don't know much about this, but $38 shipped seems like an awful lot of money! Why not just go to the fabric store and buy a big piece of flannel or knit material and use that to swaddle your baby? That's what we did with Colin.

Also, I'd recommend the book Happiest Baby on the Block. It will help you with comforting your baby, and even addresses some sleep issues for babies under 3 months of age.

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

ColleenB
02-16-2003, 01:17 AM
At 6 months of age, my daughter still likes to be swaddled, and of course, receiving blankets are too small.

We went to the fabric store and bought some cotton flannel, which we cut into 44"x44" squares. MIL surged the edges and viola! Bigger blankets. I think they came to $2.50 each. Maybe you can try this instead. :)

I also agree...check out the book "The Happiest Baby on the Block." Fantastic book with practical advice that WORKS!!!!

Colleen