PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper borders

Sherry
02-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Hello,

I just bought a two-pack roll of Over The Moon wallpaper border. I'm very excited about starting to decorate our nursery, but my husband is hesitant because he thinks that this is like the other wallpaper. The instructions don't say that they can be removed by just peeling, but I'm assuming that this is the case and would not be hard to take off like regular wallpaper. Does anyone know?

Thanks so much!
Sherry

ColleenB
02-16-2003, 01:12 AM
Does it say "peel and stick" on the package? If it does not, then it is probably prepasted wallpaper border, which goes on like regular wallpaper.

It is easy to apply it so that when you do *want* to take it off, you can easily do you. You just need to go to Home Depot/Lowes, etc and get yourself a carton (about the size of a small milk carton) of wallpaper sizing. It prepares the wall for the border. It goes on and dries clear (only a slight discernable sheen.) We took a roller and rolled it on where the border would go. We let it dry, and then wet and applied the wallpaper border.

When it is time to remove the border, you find a seam and peel. Very easy. We moved into a home with wallpaper all over and you could easily tell what walls had been sized and which ones had not. Let'd just say that they walls that were unsized provoked a lot of swearing! LOL

Hope this helps!!!

Colleen

Sherry
02-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks, this does help. We put the border on and it looks great. I'll just print out your reply and put it somewhere so when the time comes to take it off, I'll know what to do. :)