PDA

View Full Version : Mattress Pads

Tiare
02-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Hi all! I am looking for recommendations for a soft top, non-crinkly sounding, waterproof matress pad. We just got our crib delivered today (so excited!!) - we ended up going with a Childcraft/Legacy white wrought iron at a very reasonable price and it is gorgeous - very feminine, yet solid!!! Thanks for any advice -

Kelly

sarsah
02-22-2003, 07:36 AM
I would highly recommend the Lands End waterproof matterss pad.

My DH absolutely HATES the crinkly sound from waterproof matterss pads and I searched high & low for one that did not sound that way when DS#1 was born (almost 3 now). I ordered 2 from Lands End and they held up to many, many washings very well. I just got them out and will be using them again with DS#2, due in mid-May.

Sarah.....

youngmommy
12-21-2006, 11:06 AM
I am actually or a waterproof matress pad for a twin and a full size bed. We co-slept with DD during her first months by using 2 matresses on the floor: one for us, and one for her. It worked really well, and I want to do it again for DC #2, but I want to put waterproof matress pads on those beds so we don't ruin them with spitup and milk leakage.

Would you recommend the Land's End matress pad for this purpose?
http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_678_717_80983_59430_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=0698104666786117910&CM_MERCH=SRCH

We tried a regular waterproof matress pad with DD and hated the crinkle and the feeling. The other option is the one from the Company Store.
http://www.thecompanystore.com/parent.asp?product=ma55x&dept%5Fid=3502

I called the Company Store about it, and I guess it's not "waterproof" but it's a thick absorbent matress pad so it's supposed to keep anything from getting down to the matress itself.

Any other suggestions??

ksli
12-22-2006, 04:53 PM
I actually wasn't happy with the LE pad and returned it. I thought it was on the crinkly side. However, at BRU of all places I found a Serta pad that is perfect! Absolutely no crinkle or plastic feeling at all. Love it.

Kathleen

Erick 1-7-05
DS on the way 4-15-07!

amp
12-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I love my LE crib mattress pad out of all the other ones we owned.