PDA

View Full Version : THIS SHOULD WORK!!PICS OF TRISTAN'S NURSERY-WEB SITE!!!

mama2be
02-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Guys I am sorry...Steve made the web site and we hosted it on a free service and then there were all of these strings attached and the bandwidth ran out. So now we have it (I think)...

This is his web site...he is not here yet if you are wondering where his pics are (but we do have sono pics)...and the site still is not complete I want to change the text that DH wrote (not I)!!!!!

Click on "my nursery" and you'll get the nursery!!!
Sorry again for all of the confusion with yesterday's post...I edited that post in hopes of not wasting folks time there...:)

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan/index.html

sweetbasil
02-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Ooh- how sweet! All of it...your bridal picture with Schooner, your house, the nursery (or course), and the belly casts were really neat, too! And so nice to finally put a face with your posts!

I'd JUST checked yesterday's post (probably while you were updating it), and was so sad to not have the pics posted, but then when I returned to the main page, your above post was here...what a treat! Thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to see baby Tristan's pics on that site, SOON! :)

All the best,

nohomama
02-19-2003, 04:44 PM
Neve,

You're such a tease. I'm one of the folks that got the "out of bandwidth" message when I tried the first link. Now when I try this one, all I get is a blank page. I feel like I'm missing out. Poor me.

nohomama
02-19-2003, 04:55 PM
I fiddled around with the address some and finally got to see the page (here's what worked for me in case others have the same problem, http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan/mynursery.html). Looks like Tristan's going to have some nice digs. I especially love your old play kitchen that you had painted. Mabye it will inspire Tristan to be a world famous chef some day. Lola would be jealous if she were awake to see the picture.

etwahl
02-19-2003, 05:10 PM
It should be fixed now! Question, were you trying to view it within Netscape?

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

nohomama
02-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Nope. Explorer.

egoldber
02-19-2003, 05:24 PM
It's all gorgeous Neve!

But as the mom of a toddler, I must admit my first thought was "where is she going to put all those pretty things when Tristan starts crawling and pulling up!" :)

Enjoy!

etwahl
02-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Did the normal link work for you now?

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

sntm
02-19-2003, 05:37 PM
Neve,

I love your nursery! All the shades of blue are gorgeous and I LOVE the repainted table and toy chest. Our baby room is very similar, with slanted ceiling and some nooks and crannies. It was so neat to finally put faces to names, too. For some reason I always pictured you with dark hair. :+
Hope Tristan makes his showing soon! We wanna see pictures of him next!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

mama2be
02-19-2003, 05:54 PM
OH I would love to have a chef for a son!!!!! :):):)...I have to stear him that way!!!! I am food obsessed!!!!

Funny I questioned everyone as to if I should put it in the room...and every mommy of little boys insisted YES!!!!!!! I'm lucky I have a hubby who can wash his own clothes, cook and clean (he does all fot his way better than I...so I hope that some lucky gal (or whoever) can benefit from my little boy one day too :)...

mama2be
02-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Shannon,

I swear I've had more people say they imagined me with dark hair...I have to giggle a bit...because it is dark...darker than you're seeing it...that is a "bought blonde"...:):):)

I wonder if it is the last name, but married into that...I'm an Irish gal of fair complexion and will be so jealous of my hubby and children who will brown beautifully in the sun while I turn red...

mama2be
02-19-2003, 06:09 PM
My old Beatrix Potter Collection on the book case will be moved the second he starts to move!!!! That collection was started for me in Europe almost 30 years ago, and I am a china, silver, fabric (everything) addict. they'll return to my special place for them as well as the books that I have had since childhood. I'm just having fun becoming a mommy I guess so I put them out for his room...I hope they'll be safe for a bit there. I can't think of anything else in the room that I am worried about though...

Imust say my home is not child proof, and I cringe when parents let their children pull out my fabric ottomans to sit on when I have atleast 25 chairs aroudnt he home they can sit in. But I will ahve to cross that path when it comes...

If he dings the rattles on the ground or on his high chair they'll mean even more to me. My baby silver cup is all dinged up...Tammy and I discussed this recently... I am sure the first ding crushed my mother...but now those dings and teeth marks in things mean the world to her. I welcome that...

I would say I have anxiety over the two quilts that my grandmother made. The one of goldelocks and the three bears, and the one of the of all bears stiched and quilted were made by her totally by hand no machine touched them, and given to me years and years ago. I know she would want me to use them, but that is going to be terribly hard to do. She is an excellent quilter and where she is from they are meant to be used, but I can't help but wonder if I can do it...consider the dog hair in my home. BUT the yellow one that has stiching on it (in great detail) was bought at a thrift store for $2.25...I love it like it was made just for me...I knew some grand ma made it for some grand child and was saddened to see it for sale in a thrift sore. The other one my girlfriend had made for him, and though I don't want it ruined her children carry theirs around and they are in tatters, when I see how much they love those blankets I know that Tristan"s will also be in tatters and can not be saved...but I look forward to that too...

mama2be
02-19-2003, 06:12 PM
Sarah, I am so computer illiterate that I don't know what Steve did but I think he fixed it...I owe Tammy thanks for that...she sent me instructions on what to have him do...

I ALSO OWE TAMMY THANKS FOR HELPING US SET THIS SITE UP...STEVE IS NOT A WEB DEVELOPER AND SHE HELPED PROVIDE US A TEMPLATE TO USE...:)

I am so sorry for the confusion...

nathansmom
02-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Your nursery is very nice. I am jealous. Somehow I waited to fix mine but I'm glad we did when our girl turned into a boy. Now I just have to wait for spring when my dh says we will fix up Nate's room. I just hope mine turns out half as nice as yours.

sntm
02-20-2003, 01:12 PM
I think actually it was your first name. I tend to imagine everyone looking like whatever celebrity they remind me of by name or personality, and thought of Neve Campbell first with you. Everyone should be pleased to know that I imagine all of you as GORGEOUS, THIN, AND TERRIBLY STYLISH. :D :D :D

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

parkersmama
02-20-2003, 11:42 PM
What a great website! I'm jealous...we used to have a nice website but I think it fell off the web sometime around the time we became a family of 4 and couldn't find the time. Your friends and family will love getting updates on Tristan from it!

Your nursery is beautiful and I especially like all the personal touches (the toy box & kitchen, etc). We have my dad's old army footlocker that he repainted and used as my toybox and now repainted again and it's a toybox in our nursery. Those things are always much more valuable than anything you can purchase, don't you think?

I was also picturing you as Neve Campbell. Too funny! Glad I'm not the only one. Seriously though the pictures were great and I espcially love the one of the two of you on the home page showing off your tummy (you're braver than I am!). It just seems so full of love.

BTW, my sister in law (brother's wife) is in labor as I type at the hospital in Chapel Hill. Is there a birthing center wing or something? I'm a little confused about it because I thought they were using a birthing center but my mom just said it's at the hospital. Anyway, she was hoping for a natural delivery but has been in labor at home with her doula since last night and all day today with no relief and little progress. I think she's just gotten an epidural to give her some relief and help her rest so she'll be able to push. Anyway, just a neat little aside that they live so close to you and are due at basically the same time! They actually live in Carrboro. Anyway, good luck with your water birth...it sounds heavenly to me!

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003