PDA

View Full Version : mobile recommendations

cchavez
02-19-2003, 09:18 PM
I amconsidering the Tiny Love Symphony in Motion-Geometric shapes mobile for our baby's nursery. I would this one over the Tiny Love animals mobile b/c the colors go better with the nursery. I also considered the Sassy developmental mobile too. Any opinions on these mobiles? Thanks.

Oh, does anyone know how they would fit on a Regazzi sleigh crib? Thanks.

danielleh
02-19-2003, 09:57 PM
We have the Symphony in Motion-Geometrics Shapes mobile and it was a big hit with my DS. Several times a day it gave me 15 minutes to eat, shower, etc. Unfortunately, we recently had to take it down since Jimmy figured out how to knock it over.

Danielle
mom to Jimmy born 8/29/02

bnme
02-20-2003, 02:52 AM
I second that. My DS loves it. Its so fun to watch him enjoy it.

sntm
02-20-2003, 01:07 PM
don't have the crib (or the baby) yet, but DH and I set up the Sassy mobile on our headboard for kicks and I liked it a lot. Looks good from below, too. I like how the pieces come off later and can be used for toys with the music box separate.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

August Mom
02-20-2003, 07:32 PM
We have the Symphony in Motion Mobile with animals, but the music is the same as the geometric shapes mobile. My DS loves the music. If he wakes up in the middle of the night but doesn't need to eat, we turn on the mobile and he generally goes back to sleep. At that point, he really can't see the animals, so I think it is the music that he really likes. In daylight, he seems to like looking at the animals too, but I think the geometric shapes are just as nice. They have the sharp contrast in colors and stimulating visuals from below just like the Symphony in Motion with animals. I chose the one with animals because I thought its color scheme would look better in our nursery.

As far as fit on the crib, I don't know why there would be a difference in fit from crib to crib as the space between slats is pretty uniform. The only fit issue I encountered was that the bumper interfered a bit with the music box portion of the mobile when the crib mattress was at its highest position.

egoldber
02-21-2003, 11:08 AM
We had this one, which is a "stabile" (doesn't move).

http://www.geniusbabies.com/instimmobtmw.html

Sarah really liked it. I liked the fact that you could have it be as simple or as stimulating as you and your baby wanted to to be, and that it "grew" with you baby by adding colors and more complex patterns as they were ready for it.

It doesn't play music, obviously, but I have a CD player in the nursery to play music.

HTH,

mama2be
02-21-2003, 06:06 PM
We have the little critter one (Tiny Love)...they look like Muppets. I think it is adoralbe, but must say it is my DH who absolutely LOVES IT!!!! If Tristan lights up when he sees it 1/2 as much Steve does then I will have done well...

I'm sure the shape one will have the ssame impack :)

stillplayswithbarbies
02-21-2003, 08:07 PM
We have the geometric one too. What I like about it is that the music is soothing and pleasant and not "tinny" like a cheap music box and not "electronic" sounding like so many other baby toys.

hmmm I should start playing it to my tummy before baby gets here. :)

...Karen
Mom to Jake age 12 and expecting Logan Elizabeth or Logan Bartholomew, EDD March 21

nathansmom
02-21-2003, 11:56 PM
I have the critter one also. Nathan coldn't stop looking at it today. He followed the critters around with his eyes and moved his arms like he was trying to reach for them.