PDA

View Full Version : PBK bumper bummer

cniezer
02-23-2003, 11:20 PM
I bought a Jardine crib for my daughter before she was born. I then went to PBK and fell in love with a pattern of theirs, I think its called "daisies". Now that my daughter is moving around more in her crib, I'm noticing that the bumper doens't fit properly in the crib. Its like it was made specifically for their cribs, which, apparantly are larger than the one I bought. I called customer service and they suggested sticking velcro strips to the headboard/footboard to make the bumper fit!! I don't think so. There seem to be too few ties on the bumper to accomodate smaller cribs and too much length. Any one else have this problem and what did you do about it???

kathsmom
02-26-2003, 11:50 PM
Hi, cniezer!

I had a PBK bumper that I had bought on clearance for $20 a while back. I noticed that it did not fit around my crib that well either. It seemed to sag between the ties some and the ties were not lined up with the slats on my crib. I thought maybe it was just my bumper and that it was a clearance item. We took ours back, because we have had to elevate the mattress at an angle for DS to sleep comfortably, and the bumper ended up being mushed with the mattress elevated. They took it back with no questions asked, but I had kept the original packaging and receipt, and it had only been on the crib when DS was not in it. Did you buy it from a store or from the catalog/internet? If you have a store in your area, you might be able to talk to them about it and see if they could refund your money or exchange it for something else.

Good luck with it all and HTH!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

cniezer
02-27-2003, 12:02 AM
I do have a store near me. I may try to call them to find out if they have any suggestions. I'm a little nervous about having a crib bumper in the crib at all after reading some posts regarding the subject. If they won't take it back, I may just use it for a valance over the window, which is what I was going to do when she grows out of the crib anyway.

Thanks for the input!!
Cyndi

Andrea S
02-27-2003, 05:58 AM
I am curious how you are going to use bumper as valance? Are you going to cut it to fit? I took Andrew's bumper off and hate to just put it away. BTW, I have a PBK bumper and did not have any problems. We have a legacy crib.

TIA

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

catmars
02-27-2003, 10:52 PM
Hi!

I also have a Jardine crib from BRU. It's the white one which looks similar to PBKs Catalina style crib.

Anyhow, I just wanted to second the motion that, yes, PBKs bumpers are ill-fitting in general. I had one that was too big (one of the older ones, the woven-dot sateen bumper) and right now I have the pink ric-rack bumper (also PBK) which actually fits OK. I machine washed the pink one, so I think it helped to shrink it and it fits OK now. BUT, one side of my Jardine crib is SOLID, it's actually supposed to be a full-size headboard later down the line, so, the bumper sags pitifully on that side.

Perhaps you should try machine-washing it to help shrink it down some. It helped with my pink one! HTH

cniezer
02-28-2003, 06:54 PM
>I am curious how you are going to use bumper as valance?

I'll probably make a box to fit along the top of the window and tie it to the box. The window is long, maybe not long enough to use up the entire length of the bumper. I'm going to try not to cut it. Maybe I'll just wrap it around the box...
We'll see;).

Cyndi