PDA

View Full Version : Sticking limbs out of crib slats -- HELP !!!

wooljunkie
02-27-2003, 12:00 AM
My 6 month old is now rolling over and sticking his foot/leg out the slats and I worry that he will try to roll over and twist his leg hurting himself.

I tried some bumper pads and he just pushes them down and continues on even though they are tied well.

What solutions have you tried to solve this problem? When I did a search on this message board someone mentioned crib netting. Anyone have any experience with this.

Any ideas/experiences would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Sandy

Karenn
02-27-2003, 12:37 AM
Hi,
Colin's been doing the same thing since about 6 months. I worried too! I don't know if this helps, but he's been been doing it for over two months now, and has yet to get anything caught in the crib. I know because we have a video monitor, so I watch him! ;) I took the bumpers out when he started crawling, and that didn't seem to make a difference. He still puts his feet through the slats, and has always been able to get them out. Part of me wonders if he's learned not to roll when his feet are in the slats. In watching him learn to roll over, I *think* I noticed that he began to learn how NOT to conk his head on adjacent furniture. So maybe he can learn not to get his foot caught in the crib too!

Let's hope that both of our boys continue to keep from getting stuck!

sntm
02-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Might hurt but won't cause any damage if he does. No advice, though!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

Karenn
02-27-2003, 03:48 PM
One other thing I just thought of: about a month ago, we started putting Colin in a sleep sack for bed and nap times, so now it is much harder (though not impossible) for him to stick his feet through the slats.

angusmom
03-05-2003, 01:28 PM
I came across something today that looks like it would solve this problem! I don't know anything about this company and have not used the product firstthand, but looks like a winner!

http://www.cribshield.com

The web site is entirely in Flash, which is terrible. You have to wait for it to load, but then you can get all the info you want.

ecarley
03-12-2003, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it. He might get into an uncomfortable position, but it won't hurt him. If he does get into a painful position, he'll let you know! Using bumpers could only only compoud the problem, gving him something to get twisted up in. So just tuck him back into his crib.