PDA

View Full Version : Crib skirt & storage drawer conflicts - need BTDT advice!

deiger
03-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Hi

I'd like the advice of anyone who has used a crib skirt with a crib that has a built in storage drawer under the crib. We have purchased a crib that can convert to a toddler bed (then a full-size bed) and that has a storage drawer.

My question is this: I understand that when the crib mattress is on the higher settings, the crib skirt hangs on all sides, above the drawer mechanism (e.g. the glides, which typically attach to the side of the crib).

But what do you do with the skirt when you lower the mattress to the toddler bed setting? The pictures I see show that the crib skirt goes to the floor in the front of the crib, but doesn't on the sides? I think the drawer would get in the way of the skirt on the sides of the crib, and that it could not reach the floor like the front.

Do you tuck the sides of the crib skirt under the mattress?

Confused!

Diane

Andrea S
03-07-2003, 12:34 PM
On our crib (Legacy) with storage drawer the skirt hangs inside the drawer. We just lowered the mattress last week when Andrew surprised us by pulling himself up to the coffee table.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

cara1
03-07-2003, 02:31 PM
I removed the skirt when we lowered the mattress to the lowest setting. There didn't seem to be a point to having it anymore. (Lovely purchase, used it for 5 mos max since DS didn't move into his crib from the bassinet until 3 mos anyway...).

egoldber
03-07-2003, 04:47 PM
I still have my crib skirt on with the storage drawer and it works just fine. I have to push the skirt out of the way to get to the drawer, but it's not a big deal.

HTH,