PDA

View Full Version : Is Company store the best sheets to get?

memedee
03-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Havent bought sheets for bassinet or crib yet.
Is company Store and Lands End still the best.
Should I stay away from kidsline?
Is it necessary to buy those elastic clips for under the sheet ?
It would be real hard to change with that on.
Also, does anyone have the bassinet from pottery barn?
Does that take regular sheets.
I dont know anything about Pottery Barn sheets.
Are they as safe?
Help

nitaghei
03-10-2003, 10:39 AM
I have crib sheets from The Company Store (flannel); Land's End (knit) and Eddie Bauer (percale). They all have all-around elastic and stay in place - you will not need any clips for these, IMO. (Of course, DS is only 2 months old and not really moving around in the crib a whole lot).

Don't know about kidsline - but you can't go wrong with the Company Store and Lands End - the sheets are really soft, as well.

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

jubilee
03-10-2003, 11:19 PM
I purchased knit sheets from Lands End, and they are really wonderful and soft. The elastic is fully around. I expect them to last a long time... they are a good quality!

egoldber
03-10-2003, 11:35 PM
I don't know if they are the "best", but my Company Store sheets have held up very well and still look very nice.

But in retropsect, I would not have gotten woven cotton sheets. I would have gone with cotton knit or flannel.

HTH,

Andrea S
03-11-2003, 12:13 AM
I have pottery barn sheets and they have the elastic all they way around, they wash up great and stay on even with Andrew moving all over the crib. I also got fleece sheet from www.fleecebaby.com which I love they are so soft.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

ddmarsh
03-11-2003, 08:16 AM
I do not know how to link, but you can cut and paste the following. I found it interesting that Lands' End, etc. did not perform very well.

http://magazines.ivillage.com/goodhousekeeping/consumer/safety/articles/0,12873,284526_290084-3,00.html