PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Waverly Sheets from BRU?

LilEmma
03-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Just wondering if anyone has used Waverly sheets? I found some Waverly "Daisy" bedding at Babies R Us, and it's just perfect as far as the look we are going for. The most important thing to me though is that it is safe!

The Baby Bargains book says Waverly is OK, but I noticed the sheet does not have elastic all the way around, which scares me. The package does say the sheets stand up to repeated washings with minimal shrinkage.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

jamierush
03-17-2003, 06:23 PM
I bought this bedding also recently and have only washed everything 1 time ( I am due in 2 weeks) but everything held up in both the wash and the dryer that one time!!

wish I could be more helpful...

vikivoly
03-20-2003, 01:20 PM
I didn't purchase the Waverly sheets, but I did purchase their receiving blankets. They are so soft, by far my favorite receiving blankets. I've washed them over and over and they only get softer.

colleenfs
03-21-2003, 08:12 AM
I have one that we use when all the others are unavailable, and it is just fine. Not the softest sheet though. I agree that their receiving blankets are very soft, though not terribly large.

Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

oneild
07-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Hi,

I bought two "daisy" sheets about 2 months ago... it was exactly the look I am trying to put together since I can't find anything in carousels for our baby girl. Love the lavendar/green/rose floral color theme, which matches the carousel paintings I have. I am planning to paint the walls using the faux technique in Disney colors (Butterfly Flutter By/One Enchanted Evening). Still debating on PBK's Julia rug since reading the reviews - anybody know how this rug holds up? I can't find a rug anywhere that fits the look I'm going for... unless I get a plain carpet and have the edges rolled/seemed).

Anyways, on to your question... I wasn't quite clear about the review in the book. They just said if you go with Crown Crafts, stick with the Waverly line. I went for it since the sheets are 100% cotton. I haven't had to wash them too often since I was using a sheet saver and my baby was already 6 months when I put her in the crib (no longer using the sheet saver since she's moving around a lot more though). I think I've washed each one about 3 times so far. They shrunk a little bit thus far (no more than any other sheets I've ever used on my regular sized beds), but the sheet still fits around my mattress with some room to spare. I always make sure the fabric goes completely underneath when changing the sheets (basically, I tuck it in on the sides without elastic). I haven't had any problem with them coming off the matress yet, nor with them moving around and crimping up. I should note my baby will only sleep on her belly now, which generally makes it easier to pull the sheets off, and I don't have any bumpers on the crib.

I didn't buy the entire bedding ensemble from the Daisy collection, but do agree that the receiving blankets are very soft. Used 2 of them to cover our old changing pad and will use more to make into pillows when baby moves to a bed (will coordinate with lavendar bedding so I don't have to redo her room - the decor is not babyish at all and can probably take her to atleast 10 easily). Haven't used any of the receiving blankets in her crib yet since I received so may other brands as gifts (do love the miniwear receiving blankets and they have held up after each wash and keep getting softer). I also bought one of the "daisy" fleece blankets for decor and winter use. Very happy with it thus far... it's very soft. My splurge on the room was the window sheers, which I used a portion of those purchased to make into a dust ruffle (it's very feminine and makes the crib look much nicer). I wish I could find this fabric pattern in a store for other decor ideas I have.

I hope this helps you in deciding whether or not to purchase the sheets. I think you'll be happy with any of the "daisy" collection patterns. They are all very pretty and I love the fact that you can mix and match and purchase only the pieces you want.

Regards,
Danielle O'Neil
mother to Cayla Shae (and a teenage boy)