PDA

View Full Version : Advice on contour pad covers

Ti Lung
03-27-2003, 04:39 PM
I just double checked with the baby furniture store where I ordered stuff for the baby and found out that I have a Rumble Tuff contour pad coming. It is pretty long - 17 by 35 according to the sales rep. Does anyone have any idea as to what brands of covers, other than the expensive Rumble Tuff brand itself, would fit this pad? I am also assuming that all RT pads are made alike i.e. each one looks like a basket with the four sides raised.

Finally, is a cover even needed, since the pad is supposed to be waterproof? Your advice is greatly appreciated!!!

heidi_timms
03-27-2003, 04:47 PM
I also bought the rumble tuff pad and am having pad covers made by a lady that sells cloth diapers. This is the first time she is making a pad cover for a Rumble Tuff, so we will see how it goes! She does make the covers for the Simmons on a regular basis. She sells velour and sherpa covers for $10.50 and you get to pick the fabric. I'm not having her cut holes for the straps though because I think that the straps will just get in the way and full of poop! Here is her website if you are interested:

www.darlingdiapers.com

LucyG
03-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Tykes terry cloth changing pads at Target are larger than the Simmons pads, and might be worth a try. The ones I have are roomy on my Simmons pad, though it is only raised on two sides rather than all four.

danielleh
03-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Hi,

I have a Rumble Tuff changing table pad and I do not use a cover with it. It has a white, soft vinyl surface that is easy to clean. I usually wipe it down with a dilute bleach solution each day or when it gets soiled.

HTH,
Danielle
mom to Jimmy born 8/29/02

Ti Lung
03-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Thank you all for your invaluable input! I feel much better now!