PDA

View Full Version : Completely confused on what sheets/ pads to use!

brooke2003
04-14-2003, 10:24 AM
I am trying to figure out what I need in terms of cribs sheets and pads. So far I've gotten as far as the mattress. Do I need a waterproof mattress pad? A waterproof cover? Sheet saver? Please help me figure this out- I am picturing a mattress with 100 layers on it...and I have no idea whcih order they go in....

Thanks in advance

Brooke
Baby#1 due June 2003

bnme
04-14-2003, 03:00 PM
This is what I do:

I have a water proof mattress pad to protect the mattress since I will likely use it for another baby and don't want to chance ruining it--even though I think the mattress itself is waterproof). It has a quilted top, but not puffy. Then I put a sheet. On top of the sheet I put an Ultimate Crib sheet and on top of that a sheet saver under his head. Seems like a lot of layers, but it works great for me. The sheet saver gets dirtied the most in my house (spit-ups). The UCS is in case he wets through I don't have to change the sheet in the middle of the night. It may not seem that hard, but it is a struggle to get the sheet on and off if you have bumper pads--not something I want to deal with at 2am!! I have 1 UCS and 2 sheet savers. If he only spits up, I only have to change the sheet saver...which is the samllest and easiest to change.

I also have several small and large waterproof pads (the Continental Quilting ones from BRU--teddy bear pattern--I think they have on the website) that I had bought before figuring out what was best for me. These I use in a pinch. If I could purchase now that I know what I like/need, I would buy 1 or 2 USCs and 2 or 3 sheet savers. The small waterproof pads are great to use in bassinett or as protection for the couch (I use under the boppy where I frequently prop DS)or as travel changing pads --so I would still get 4-6 of thoose. With all this you really only need one crib sheet--though I have several. It really just takes a while to figure out what you want to use and what suits your baby the most so its hard not to end up buying more than you need.

Good Luck!!

egoldber
04-14-2003, 07:43 PM
When Sarah was small, she was quite a spitter. So I used: crib sheet, topped by an Ultimate Crib Sheet, topped by a sheet saver that tied to the crib rails and went under her head. Since she stopped spitting up so much (around 8-10 months??), I only use the Ultimate crib sheet over my regular sheet.

HTH,

twinsmommy627
04-18-2003, 03:48 PM
Where can I find these Ultimate Crib Sheets?

egoldber
04-18-2003, 06:31 PM
They have them at BRU.

HTH,