PDA

View Full Version : Brandee Danielle bedding -- and washing

LA Expecting
04-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Hi,

I bought a really cute Brandee Danielle bedding set, not only because I liked it, but because BB gave it an A- rating. But I just looked at the sheet since I'm about to set up the crib, and it says "Do not machine wash." Is this possible? Would BB really give such a high rating to a product that can't be machine washed? Or is Brandee Danielle just being cautious... can I actually machine wash the sheet (and the bedskirt)?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

LA Expecting :)

alandenisefields
04-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Hi!

Thanks for using our message boards and reading our Baby Bargains book.

We were concerned to hear about your sheets! We'd recommend contacting Brandee Danielle directly and confirming how they recommend caring for their sheets. To our knowlege, they were all machine washable! Of course, they may have added new items to the line, but this is a bit disturbing. Let us know what you find out.

best wishes,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

LA Expecting
04-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Hi again,

I contacted Brandee Danielle, and they told me that the "not machine washable" tag was a mistake-- it can be machine washed on cold, and then dried in a cool dryer. So, I did that-- and the sheet didn't fit!!! Well, we actually got it to fit, but the elastic broke.

So, I called again today and explained what happened. I actually spoke to the owner, Michael, who reconfirmed that the sheets are washable, but said they needed to be air dried. So, he's sending me a new sheet, but I think it's kind of silly that you have to air dry the sheets... that doesn't seem convenient at all.

Oh, and by the way, as another update, the BB book says that Brandee Danielle sews all their sheets in house, but this set came from India. Just another update in case you didn't have it.

Thanks! ~ LA Expecting

alandenisefields
04-21-2003, 11:26 AM
Hi!

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry to hear about the shrinkage problem! But glad to hear they're sending you a new sheet. We agree that airdrying is a pain! We may have to reduce their rating--this makes the sheets considerably less convenient than other brands.

Thanks also for the info on country of origin. We'll add this in in the future.

best wishes,

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

DDowning
04-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Now, I've had the opposite experience. I hand-washed the sheets and let them "air-dry" in the dryer meaning using the no-heat cycle. I did not have an issue with shrinkage. I hope that helps.

vpalmer
04-21-2003, 01:58 PM
I also purchased a bedding set from Brandee Danielle. Although I have not washed it yet, I noticed the comforter says "hand wash and air dry. Is this standard for all Brandee Danielle bedding or could it be the specific design we chose? We have the ladybug design that has a sheer look to the top layer of the comforter.

Veronica
Due with baby #1 6-16-03