PDA

View Full Version : Wendy Bellisimo, not very easy to order from...

cad01
04-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Well I thought I had finally decided to bite to bullet and spend the money on one of her sets but now I'm rethinking it. No stores in the Boston area have the set on display that I want and if you order it and it is not what you want(based on a picture from the internet), you cannot return it. A set is $600! So they expect you to order it sight unseen. And the store says they only have very small fabric samples for us to look at. It's not like we live in a rural area. How do they expect you to order something without being able to see, touch, and feel it?

I remember seeing a post on here about her husband responding to a message on some board. Does anyone remember what board that was?

Also, if Denise or Alan are reading this, you might want to keep this in mind for your next book.

ddmarsh
04-19-2003, 05:30 PM
I saw her husband respond to a post about the use of their crib bumpers on one of the Parents Place boards. I believe, but am not certain, it was the one on general baby gear (yes as I write I recall that it was). It was a few months back though, although that board the few times I've looked at it seems to move very slowly so it shouldn't be too many back. I do remember from the post that he said that she responds personally to many emails and that you could email him directly and he offered his addy.

FWIW I've had really bad luck ordering from internet photos. I bought and returned two sets because the colors were so off when I saw them in person, including one of the Wendy Bee sets. I have however seen a number of the Wendy Bellissimo sets in person and they are great quality (as well they should be!) if that concerns you at all.

HTH -
Debbie

cad01
04-19-2003, 07:18 PM
Thanks Debbie. I have been searching for about an hour to find this board. Do you know the address? It's probably really easy! Thanks!

ddmarsh
04-19-2003, 08:00 PM
If you go to www.parentsplace.com and look on the left side, scroll down a bit, you'll see Boards. Click on Boards and then I think it is under getting ready for baby section and is called baby gear.

HTH -
Debbie

memedee
04-20-2003, 11:11 AM
Did you go to the baby place in Natick.
They have a lot of wendy .
If you dont see it on the floor they have additional sets in their storage upstairs.

cad01
04-21-2003, 01:11 PM
That's actually the store I've been dealing with. They don't have the set that I want in stock and will not return it if it's not what I want when it comes in. And I've bought all the nursery furniture
from them and was planning on buying other things but now I may not.

Thanks for responding.

gisele
04-23-2003, 08:53 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with the store. I live in N. California and have found at least 2 stores with all the Wendy Bellissimo fabric swatches. One of them had a number of actual bumpers, and a couple of cribs with full sets.

Also, I e-mailed the Wendy Bellissimo company with a number of questions on embroidery patterns and fabrics available. They were very prompt in answering my questions and explained what was in stock and what wasn't available.

I ordered my set from a store in N. California. The stores never have the sets in stock - they order them from the company (supposedly the company makes them as the orders come in.) I ordered the set Beach House. The fabrics were in stock at Wendy Bellissimo, and it took about 3 weeks for the set to come in. I've been very happy with my set.