PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Crib Sheet

jennifer1143
04-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Hello-
A friend recommended getting a couple of the Ultimate Crib Sheets - said they were easier than changing the whole sheet. Does anyone recommend these, or do you think they're a waste of money? I found some on online for $13 - is that a good price? Thanks for any help.

Jennifer

abc
04-25-2003, 05:14 PM
We use the Ultimate Crib Sheets and love them. They attach very easily to the crib using the elasticized snaps. Since they go right over the regular crib sheet, if there is an accident then you just remove the ultimate crib sheet and the baby can sleep on the regular crib sheet for the time being (especially handy for those middle of the night accidents). DH likes the fact that they feel soft. We bought ours at Babies R Us for $17.99 so $13 sounds like a good price.

egoldber
04-25-2003, 06:22 PM
I have two and love mine.

I felt some at BRU recently and thought they felt scratchier than mine do. So I'm not sure if:

a) mine just softened up with use and I don't remember what they felt like originally or
b) they have changed the fabric since I got mine

Anyone with recent UCS?

bnme
04-26-2003, 07:04 AM
I have a recent one, and it did soften upon washing. Though I don't how it compares to the original.

jennifer1143
04-26-2003, 08:14 AM
I was going to buy mine at Safe Beginnings - are they all the same softness? Or should I buy one somewhere else? I don't want it to be scratchy...Thanks!

Jennifer

egoldber
04-26-2003, 08:33 AM
I'm sure they are all the same. Mine probably was scratchy at first. I didn't wash it until after we came home from the hospital, so I have probably just forgotten in the post-baby haze. :)

redhairedgirl
05-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Be careful what kind of crib you have. My crib has wider slats on it, and I am not able to use the ultimate crib sheet because it just won't fit around the slats right. No matter how many different times I tried, this thing just wouldn't work.
Just an FYI... Otherwise, I think it's a GREAT invention, but it looks like I'm going to have to sew my own if I want this convienence.

jennifer1143
05-05-2003, 04:03 PM
My crib does have fairly wide slats - probably about 1" to 1 1/2". Will it fit that? Thanks for the information - I really appreciate it.

Jennifer

redhairedgirl
05-05-2003, 04:42 PM
You should be okay. My crib has slats that are 3" across.... which makes the diameter of each slat to be about 7 1/2".
They are elastic, so they do stretch, I just found with my crib, it was just too far.

Mandy

acingit
05-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Will the ultimate crib sheet work with solid panel back and front? We have ordered the AP Ind. crib, in the sleigh style, and it suddenly occured to me that the UCS might not work. I know we have to remove the ties on the bumper on those solid sides.
Barbara

bnme
05-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Yes. MOst of the snaps to secure it are on the side. There is on at the head and one at the foot, but they are actually not ven needed.

egoldber
05-08-2003, 04:59 PM
I have an older version without the top and bottom straps and I think it is perfectly safe.

MartiesMom2B
05-09-2003, 09:04 PM
When I dried the UCS in the dryer the plastic bottom part stuck together and now there is a tiny hole in the plastic. Has this happened to anybody else? Do you dry it in any special way? I have to admit that I was kind of dissapointed in the cheap plastic backing of the UCS.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

egoldber
05-10-2003, 06:51 AM
Wow! I would call them and complain!

But I have dried mine all the time with no problems. But I also dry pretty much everything on medium high heat.

HTH,

drsweetie
06-04-2003, 12:37 PM
I feel like such an idiot for asking this, but what exactly do the straps attach to? Are the ones at the corners supposed to go around the corner post of the crib, or around the last slat on the side? What about the straps that are in the middle of the short sides of the sheet? Do they attach to the slats on the end panel or to something on the mattress support? The package says something mysterious about the end with one snap versus the end with two snaps, but to my eye they both look the same.

I have been trying for close to an hour to figure this out, but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to fit right. I'm completely stumped, and I'm afraid I can't blame this on the fact that my due date was YESTERDAY! Any advice anyone can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

Ellen

vpalmer
06-06-2003, 11:15 AM
I just received 2 UCS's in the mail yesterday. The instructions say not to overload the dryer or hot spots can be created causing the backing to melt. I plan to wash them this weekend. I will let you know if I have any problems.

Veronica
Due with baby #1 6-16-03

bnme
06-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Mine has little cracks in the plastic bottom -and I don't even put it in the dryer! I don't think it is a problem, though.

kristine_elen
06-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Before you buy a bunch, make sure they fit in your crib. I bought some and they weren't taut at all; they were very loose and I could just see my son getting a limb (or his head!) stuck. I returned them to BRU.

plum
06-13-2003, 09:54 AM
Am I the only one who never used these? My son's diaper would leak when he was a newborn, but I'd say within the past 4-5 months, we have had no nightly accidents. Is this rare I wonder? In any case, I have yet to use my ultimate crib sheets.

kristine_elen
06-13-2003, 11:06 AM
Actually, messy sheets haven't been an issue with us, either. My son (6 mo.) spits up on them sometimes, but it's not like I go through one or more a day. I have a bunch of sheets, but two favorites and I just wash one while other is being used. No biggie.

nat12
06-13-2003, 11:27 AM
I opted to buy a couple of the smaller sheet savers instead of the UCS. Hopefully they'll be enough (I'll know after baby decides to get here!), plus I can use them as a changing pad or whatever.

Natalie
edd June 2

bnme
06-13-2003, 06:16 PM
I use an UCS but DS really doesn't wet through often at all. But for us the sheet saver is a must becuase he is a spitter. However, I am glad I have my UCS on the rare times he doese wet through!

egoldber
06-13-2003, 06:41 PM
You may or may not need them. I still use them all the time. As your baby gets older and can pee a lot more, sometimes night time accidents start to happen again. And hopefully you will never have to experience the joys of diarrhea or vomit in the crib!

josephsmom
06-24-2003, 07:26 AM
Uh, yeah, that's actually the beauty of the UCS. A few months ago, DS had a terrible stomach virus and woke several times in pools of diarrhea or vomit. It was great to just remove the UCS and dump it in the washing machine. My crib mattress fits very tightly, so I actually have to remove it to change the sheet and mattress pad. The UCS completely prevents that.

In DS' early months, it was not uncommon for him to "flood" his cradle sheets more than once in a night. Cradle sheets were easy to change but, if he had been in a crib at that time, the UCS would have really been a tremendous help. I definitely recommend this product, even though I too have had the plastic lining "crack." Also, to the original poster, I think $13 is a good price. I paid several dollars more at TRU, and I still thought it was worth it!

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01