PDA

View Full Version : cute baby sleep sack / swaddler -- alternative to the halo

zen_bliss
04-26-2003, 04:15 AM
http://www.huggabebe.com/ just got one. it's adorable and soft! packed for the hospital...

chrissyhowie
04-26-2003, 06:19 AM
Wow! That looks like a great product! (People come up with such good ideas, don't they?)

I remember how Chloe never could fall asleep unless I had her in a tight swaddle the first few weeks, so I couldn't use our sleep sacks right away. This would have been such a good combo. I have two friends who are expecting for whom I need to get a good gift! This seems like it would be great! Please, please, please post a review after you've used it a while. Can't wait to hear how it works out!

dueinmay
04-27-2003, 11:11 PM
This looks great - perhaps easier to use and more versatile than other options. Has anyone tried it out? (I hesitate to spend $50 unless I feel pretty confident it will be worth it.) If anyone can testify to the pros and cons of this, I'd be really curious!

Thanks! :)

Rebecca
#1 due 5-13-03

Piplette3
04-28-2003, 12:04 PM
I am so happy to read about the HuggaBebe! My name is Marie Eve, I am a mother of two babies and also the founder of HuggaBebe. The Web is vast yet I managed to come across this posting and I felt like having a chat myself (working at home gets lonely!)

HuggaBebe is a family owned company. It is a tiny startup based in San Francisco. The HuggaBebe is a product that I feel was overdue. I used it with my Juliette and it did a very good job. This is not an advertisement, but I have to say it like it is: the thing is practical. I brought it with me when we went to Yosemite National Park and my baby wore it to sleep in the car seat, stroller, and I swaddled her in it at night.

But like all new products, there is always a need for some adjustments. So I am coming up with a new version in a few weeks. Being an honest person (probably too honest to be a good businesswoman), I have to say that the swaddling part is what needs most of the improvement. I was able to swaddle Juliette until she was about three months, but then again, she was too lazy to give the HuggaBebe a really good fight! Strong babies may escape it sooner (and maybe not, it depends) And I am happy to say that the next version will work extremely well. Keep an eye out. Existing customers will get a veeery good deal on the new version - details will be sent in emails.

About the price. I know it is not cheap. But believe me, it is not cheap to make. See most babywear labels? They make their stuff in third world countries. Not me. It is sewn in San Francisco and the ladies there are well paid and work in a good environment. Plus, it's nice fabric and there is a hat that comes with it. I am working on a lower-cost HuggaBebe, but I don't know when that will happen just yet.

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or just reply to this message. I am a huge baby lover.

mama2be
04-29-2003, 09:55 PM
You find all fo the neat stuff I swear...how cute is that!!!

zen_bliss
05-09-2003, 12:24 AM
yoiks, i have mommy brain. forgot i posted this pre-delivery (seems like another lifetime now, LOL)....now they are on clearance at the site if you want to try one out.

i like it much better than sleepsacks and gowns for getting in and out quickly to check/change diapers. the velcro at the shoulders saves a wrestle over the head, which is genius. it worked very well in the carseat -- i didn't have any trouble getting the buckle through the hole even with squirmy crying baby. on our trips to the OB & ped, it got tons of comments and questions.

Piplette3
06-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Hello, this is Marie Eve again - the inventor of the HuggaBebe.

As promised, the new, improved HuggaBebes are in. You can take a look by logging on to http://www.huggabebe.com

I will soon send my HuggaBebe in for review by Baby Bargains, so all comments are welcome!
My email is mailto:[email protected]

See you on my site!

Marie Eve

bathbody
06-02-2003, 03:20 PM
> Hello, this is Marie Eve again - the inventor of the
>HuggaBebe.
>
>As promised, the new, improved HuggaBebes are in. You can
>take a look by logging on to http://www.huggabebe.com
>
>I will soon send my HuggaBebe in for review by Baby
>Bargains, so all comments are welcome!
>My email is mailto:[email protected]
>
>See you on my site!
>
>Marie Eve

Are the polka-dot colors going to be made with the new design anytime soon?

Piplette3
06-03-2003, 12:53 AM
I like the polka-dot too. But the short term plan is to create a HuggaBebe with a print. I already have beautiful artwork by a San Francisco artist and mom and I am hoping to find the perfect fabric to print it on. It would be a toile type of design. If everything goes as planned, this is going to be a very very cute HuggaBebe. Polka-dot for later, for sure! I'll keep you posted.

Marie Eve

bathbody
06-03-2003, 09:21 AM
>I like the polka-dot too. But the short term plan is to
>create a HuggaBebe with a print. I already have beautiful
>artwork by a San Francisco artist and mom and I am hoping to
>find the perfect fabric to print it on. It would be a toile
>type of design. If everything goes as planned, this is going
>to be a very very cute HuggaBebe. Polka-dot for later, for
>sure! I'll keep you posted.
>
>Marie Eve

Do you think there'd be a new polka dot HuggaBebe by the end of August?

Piplette3
06-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Honestly, no, at least not by August. I tend to manufacture limited editions of HuggaBebes, not keeping too much fabric on stock. The HuggaBebe is a real creative process. But if I find out that the polka-dot is such a crowd pleaser, I may create a permanent polka-dot line. What color would you like to see?

You can send your suggestions by email at mailto:[email protected]

Marie Eve

Dcclerk
06-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Can you explain the difference between the new and older versions of your Huggabebe? When I look at the pictures, they look pretty much the same. I understand that there are other velcro pieces that you have added, but I'm confused as to where they are and how they work. One thing that looked like a difference is that it looks like you can put the babies arms inside the sack with the new style and maybe that wasn't possible with the old. Is that a difference, or is it just a picture that you took with the new style and not with the old. Thanks for your explanation!

Dcclerk
06-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Whoops! I totally forgot about the non-commercialization policy. I will email you directly so that you don't get in trouble here. Sorry for my bad!

Kerry

Have I mentioned my child is due tomorrow and seems to want to spend his/her 1st birthday in utero?!

bluej
06-12-2003, 06:17 PM
I got the new Huggabebe w/ the arm holder things a couple of days ago. It is wonderful! No matter how tight of a swaddle I'd put Ryden in, he could wiggle his little arms out of it and end up hitting himself on the face instead of just nestling his little hands below his chin. If hitting himself didn't wake him it certainly scratched his face on more than one occassion (hard to keep those tiny little nails short). I've only been able to use it for the past couple of nights but it does seem that he sleeps better, w/ less waking b/c he's not hitting himself or he's not cold b/c he's undone his blanket. So far I'm really impressed w/ this product.