PDA

View Full Version : a bumper for a crib that has slats on ONLY TWO SIDES

ATJ71
04-28-2003, 07:45 PM
I currently have a bumper from pbk that has ties that just kinda "hang". I try to tuck them behind the padded part, but now my son is every where in the crib. I am concerned that the ties may pose a safety risk. So any thought would be appreciated, I am not concerned with design or pattern, just getting a bumper that will stay in place.

Thanks in advance. ALI

danielleh
05-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Hi,

I have a solid bumper from Lands End that may work for you. It attaches with velcro tabs instead of ties, so there is nothing dangling once it is attached. It attaches at all four corners and two additional places along the long sides of the crib, so it should work on a crib with a solid headboard/footboard.

HTH,
Danielle
mom to Jimmy born 8/29/02

nofeea
05-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Not a cheap solution, but...
The "Safe and Sound" beeding system from Cotten Tale bedding. The bumper is attached to a piece of material that fits under the mattress. You still have to tie the top but at least it will be secure all the way around on the bottom.

Mom2Katie
06-09-2003, 10:44 PM
>I currently have a bumper from pbk that has ties that just
>kinda "hang". I try to tuck them behind the padded part, but
>now my son is every where in the crib. I am concerned that
>the ties may pose a safety risk. So any thought would be
>appreciated, I am not concerned with design or pattern, just
>getting a bumper that will stay in place.
>
>Thanks in advance. ALI

Does it stay in place with the ties you are able to tie? I have a crib like that (no slats on the head and foot) and we just cut the ties off that would have tied at the head and foot of the crib. That way, they weren't posing a strangulation hazard. The bumper fit fine without those two ties and was very secure. I think you're supposed to have a minimum of 6 ties, and we had at least that, even without the ones we cut off on the end. HTH!

ATJ71
06-10-2003, 06:46 AM
As time was going by I found it is not so much that the ties weren't staying in place, but also the padding and material was not as thick as i would like it to be. My son likes to "ram" his head against the side of the crib as he is trying to get comfortable. what was happening is the bumper would fall down no matter how tight i tied it. I needed to get something with more cushion. I ended up purchasing a bumper by the company "summersault", it was $60 not exactly what i wanted to spend, but it does the job.

ALI