PDA

View Full Version : Cotton vs. Fleece Sleep Sack

suzette
05-07-2003, 11:10 AM
Hi! I used the fleece Sleep Sack during the winter and I need to order the next size. For the summer, assuming we will have the a/c on, should I get the cotton or the fleece?

Thanks!
Suzette

mam615
05-07-2003, 06:27 PM
I'm in the same situation. I ordered 3 cotton and one fleece (for occasional chilly nights). Lately it's just been too hot to use the fleece ones we have (plus they are too small), so I'm looking forward to the arrival of the cotton ones. I think they're new, so not sure if anyone can give feedback yet. By the way, they are on sale at BabyCenter for about $21, and if you spend $75, you get an extra 10% off. (15% off if you spend over $100).

Karenn
05-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the sale tip! I just ordered two of the cotton ones. We don't have A/C, so I'm sure there will be some nights when the fleece will be way too hot.

mam615
05-10-2003, 12:45 PM
My cotton sleep sacks just arrived yesterday and I washed them today. They seem pretty good, but I have to say the quality doesn't seem as good as the fleece ones. On the fleece, there is fabric padding to cover the zipper and the back of the "back to sleep" logo so baby doesn't get scratched. The cotton ones don't have this, and they seem just a little bit, well, chintzier. I noticed that the fleece ones are made in the Dominican Republic, and the cotton ones are made in Isreal -- probably a different manufacturer.

But I still think they will be good for warm weather. The cotton is knit -- a little thicker than a t-shirt, not as thick as a sweatshirt. It's nice and soft.