PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Find A Denim Lampshade!

bathbody
06-19-2003, 09:43 PM
How hard can it be to find a denim lampshade for upcoming baby's room?
I've looked at Target and all over online to no avail. I've seen lamp sets with a denim shade, but all I need is a shade with an approximate 11" diameter!
Oh, I've called local lighting stores as well to no avail.
The closest I've came was "out of stock" old link to one at amazon.com.
HELP!
Any clue?

cinrein
06-20-2003, 11:56 AM
You can make one. Just buy a plain lampshade the size you want and cover it with denim. We covered our own lampshade for the nursery with material left over from a baby quilt we had made. We made a pattern for the shade by wrapping paper around it to see how much fabric was needed. You end up with a kind of u-shaped pattern. Use the pattern to cut out your fabric. Then we used spray adhesive to glue the fabric to the shade. We trimmed it with a ribbon and a hot glue gun--very cute and no sewing! If you want to liven it up a little, they have very cute appliques at all the sewing/craft stores that you can iron onto the denim before gluing.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

votre_ami03
06-20-2003, 05:42 PM
I saw one just last night at my BRU in Glendale, AZ. They also have a pecan base lamp w/a chambray shade for $29.99 (we have it for DS's nursery). I don't knoe the dimensions of the shade, sorry.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

bathbody
06-20-2003, 07:32 PM
Ok, after searching extensively, I found that Kidsline sells a solid denim lampshade as part of their "Denim Classic" bedding collection for about $18. I called Kidsline, and the very nice person who answered the phone there is sending me a swatch. But apparently the denim color can vary anyway.

votre_ami03
06-23-2003, 04:45 PM
Hope it works for you! The one at BRU is by Waverly, it was either $20 or $30 (sorry, I can't remember). I did take a look at it this w/e for you, but they did not have the dimensions on it.

Christy
EDD - 7/26
Boy! Nolan

jeneli
06-24-2003, 05:24 PM
Do you have a Pottery Barn Kids near you? I saw a few denim shades there on clearance. I'm not sure of the dimensions.

bathbody
06-24-2003, 06:07 PM
Nope, there is one 4 hours away. Thanks for the tip; I'll give them a call.