PDA

View Full Version : moon and stars recommendations?

minnesotablessing
07-18-2003, 03:48 AM
Looking for a moon and star theme crib set. Everything I have seen is very "boy", and we are having a girl. PBK had a really cute comforter, but nothing to go with it, and the yellows didn't even match their standard gingham or solid sheets. Any suggestions?

stillplayswithbarbies
07-18-2003, 07:56 AM
Look for the older PBK stuff on eBay. I did a moon and stars theme using PBK as the basis. You can see the quilt in this pic:

http://members.aol.com/khowe14494a/logan/inmycrib_c_030706.jpg

I didn't have the bumpers in when we took that pic, but they match the quilt. (The quilt is in the crib because she does not sleep in there, so safety is not an issue) We took the quilt in to Home Depot and they matched the paint to the yellow stars exactly.

On eBay I found quite a few things to match. Most of it from other companies or homemade to match. I should note that we were going for a unisex look since we didn't know what we were having.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

orrmobl
07-18-2003, 09:21 AM
We're doing Sleepytime Snoopy - we also don't know if its a boy or girl. Some people say it is a boy-ish set but the fleece blanket, sheets, bumpers, curtain, dust ruffle, etc all scream girl to me (this from a guy's point of view). So I think its a good compromise, not too expensive but you have to get some accessories from other websites - BRU carries the basic set (50/50 cotton/poly), blanket, lamp, rug maybe? -- but you can find a million accessories elsewhere (dreamtimebaby, etc) , which is what we're doing.

Good Luck!
Bob Orr, Lynn's Husband :) Due 10/26/03

pritchettzoo
07-18-2003, 01:28 PM
We have a moon and stars crib set, and we're having a girl too! Ours is a soft green and yellow (we wanted it neutral for next baby). It is by Blueberry Lane. Their phone number (from the Baby Bargains Book) is (413) 528-9633. We got ours from a "boutique" baby store for half price when they were going out of business, so I don't know the status of the line or the regular price (I don't know how much the store marked it up before they marked it half price--or even if they were playing that game!).

I tried to attach pictures, but I think they are too big. Email me if you want me to email them to you!

HTH-
Anna
#1(DD) EDD 9/10/03

stillplayswithbarbies
07-20-2003, 11:03 PM
You can also find moon/stars theme at Target in their Restore and Restyle Kids section. I think it is being discontinued, which means if you can find it, it is on sale. WalMart also has a similar theme in their kids' rooms section. That is where I got my drawer pulls, switch plates, and storage bins.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mum1day
07-22-2003, 09:03 PM
Wendy Bellissimo has a few og very high quality.

CarolynnSS
07-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Also check out http://www.babybedding.com/product.asp?number=130, Carousel Designs has a cute Moon and Stars themed set. They also have higher quality products that aren't too pricey.

CarolynnSS