PDA

View Full Version : GERBER Little Suzy's Zoo crib set anyone ???

TraciG
08-03-2003, 05:48 PM
I registered at BRU for this crib set & just read from the baby bargains book that they give Gerber bedding a D rating, people complained that the sheets shrunk & the book says poor quality. Does anyone have this set & are u happy with it ??

thanks

momathome
08-03-2003, 09:39 PM
If you really love the Suzy's Zoo print, perhaps you can get the accessories and even the quilt to hang up on the wall but get better quality sheets from Lands End or Pottery Barn Kids. Good-fitting sheets are so important that I wouldn't feel comfortable taking the risk that they will shrink up. Good luck!
-Lauren

josephsmom
08-04-2003, 12:47 PM
I don't have any experience with this particular set, but I did purchase some Gerber cradle sheets while DS was in a cradle. They shrank terribly in the first washing and couldn't be used again. I really liked the previous poster's suggestion of using Little Suzy's Zoo accessories as accents, and better quality sheets in the crib. Good luck.

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

amp
08-04-2003, 01:01 PM
I too had a Gerber sheet (not Suzy's Zoo, which for the record, I think is super cute) that shrank terribly. Had read the review in the BB book, but didn't realize that's what I was buying (I just liked the pattern), and regretted the purchase. I had to really fight to get it on the mattress, and that made me fear that the sheet might pop up if DS moved around too much. We don't use it on the crib. I have 4 other sheets (Carters and Land's End) that I think are just fine and I can get them on the mattress with a minimum of work and they go under the mattress enough that I don't worry they will pop off. So I would recommend you use other Suzy's Zoo decor and buy a different kind of sheet. Just go with a solid color so you can coordinate with the Suzy's Zoo stuff. That way you wont' have too many patterns/characters in the room.

HTH.

TraciG
08-04-2003, 01:22 PM
but now I also found out the bumpers from the set only tie at the top, I read that's dangerous, should tie top & bottom, so Know i'm going to have to start looking again, I want to check out Cotton Tale, they have Safe & Sound bedding sytem.