PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs down to Koala Baby crib ruffle

babymama
11-14-2003, 12:43 PM
FYI - I have been very disappointed with my purchase of the Koala Baby brand dust ruffle for crib. Cost is $15.99 at Babies R Us. Here are the reasons for the thumbs down.

1) It's super thin. I bought the Ecru color and it is almost sheer - really! Cheap looking.

2) It's not very wide (long). Since buying this one, I've noticed that others are longer and offer more coverage. Koala Baby is a puny thin strip of fabric, with not much ruffle to speak of.

3) Even fresh out of the dryer, it was WAY wrinkly and shriveled up looking.

4) The flat part of the ruffle (the part that goes under the mattress) is not made of fabric - it's made out of some sort of cotton mesh (like the texture of used dryer sheets). When I attempted to iron the dust ruffle, that non-fabric portion MELTED under a low/medium iron. I just barely touched the iron to it , so it's not like I left the iron face down or anything. It scorched my iron and melted through the non-fabric portion of ruffle, leaving a hole.

I don't remember what the Fields' have to say about Koala Baby. A friend recommended their sheets (which I skipped in favor of Amy Coe), so I thought the dust ruffle would be alright. WRONG!

In the silver lining department...this disappointing purchase was helpful in that it helped me realize what to look for in a dust ruffle. I feel like I now know what to look for in a higher quality piece.