PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone advise me on warm bedding?

peanut4us
11-19-2003, 04:01 PM
Sara still gets up in the middle of the night to eat. It hasn't been cold at all here really, until last night when it dipped into the 40s. So when I nursed her around 3 and put her back to bed, she was all happy and warm until her head hit her very cold percale sheets and she cried!

So I put a t-shirt in bed with me that I will put in her crib when I feed her and remove when I put her back... I'm hoping that will help. But would fleece or flannel sheets keep the warmth more? Ideas? She's almost 8 months.

Momof3Labs
11-19-2003, 04:06 PM
Yep, switch to a different kind of sheet like flannel or fleece. Even jersey knit sheets feel warmer on first contact than percale. If changing the sheet doesn't work, try leaving a heating pad, set on low, in the crib when you take her to nurse. When you bring her back, remove the heating pad, test the area with your hand, and set her back in her nice, toasty crib.

amp
11-19-2003, 04:34 PM
I would love to get flannel or fleece sheets based on what I've read here, but they are kind of pricey for us right now. I keep hoping that I will find some on sale when we have a few extra dollars to spend (right now we dont'). We do have some knit cotton sheets (like a t-shirt) that I find are much more comfy than our percale sheets, so that's all we've been using since it got cold out. DS doesn't seem to mind going back down to sleep on those at all. So I would recommend those or flannel or fleece (if you can afford it). :-)

Momof3Labs
11-19-2003, 05:45 PM
The Company Store normally has flannel crib sheets at their outlet for $9 each (a GREAT price), if anyone wants me to pick one up and ship it. There just aren't always a lot of color choices.

amp
11-19-2003, 06:01 PM
I remembered that you offered this once and I would love to take you up on it, but DH is not so easy to convince. "What's wrong with the sheets he has?" Men never understand this kind of thing. x( I'm keeping it in mind though, since that seems like a great price! Thanks for the offer!

peanut4us
11-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Lori--are the outlets way out of your way? When are you going next?

Momof3Labs
11-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Joey, they are about 15-20 minutes north of me, up near where we grocery shop. I can get there this weekend. Just let me know what colors would work for you - like I said, their selection can be a little odd (sometimes they have brights, sometimes pastels, sometimes solids, sometimes ginghams, last time they had a lot of apple green but it has been a while since I've been there). Also let me know the most that you are willing to pay - like if they are $10 or 11 instead of $9, is that okay? The sheets retail for $18, I think.